Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just finished testing the new OTMFAQ site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished testing the new OTMFAQ site!

As some of you may know, I've been working on the next version of the OTMFAQ site -- something that will take the community beyond just forums and that will also address many of the limitations of the existing site.

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy that the current site (now affectionately called "old Bessie") has done so well and that our community has grown. I just know that there are things we could do to better enable the community, such as:
    • General Updates:
      • A new, faster and more intuitive interface
      • a CMS for Publishing Articles, so we can better share community news (OTM SIG events, OTM releases, Logistics industry news, etc)
      • Better search capabilities

• Community Tools:
      • Sharing Photos and Media
      • Sharing Files
      • Public User Groups (for instance, you could create groups for: Freight Forwarders, Functional Users, Technical Users, APAC Users, etc)

• Forums:
      • Improved "Quick-Reply" interface
      • Better subscription options (both email and rss)
      • Thread preview on mouse-over
      • Video and media embedding
      • Improved system for suggesting similar threads
      • Printer-friendly threads

• Blogs:
      • MUCH improved interface
      • I'm considering opening Blogs to all registered members. Thoughts?

Currently, there are three outstanding issues that I'm trying to address before converting our main site:
    • Updating the UI theme (the new site requires a new OTMFAQ theme)
    • Providing a better way to search for and answer un-solved Forum threads
    • Provide instant-message capabilities, so you can better communicate with other members. Of course, you'll be able to disable, if you don't want to be contacted

The site upgrade is currently scheduled for the end of April and I'll keep everyone posted on the progress!

--Chris

Re: Just finished testing the new OTMFAQ site!

Chris,

Blogs:
    MUCH improved interface
    I'm considering opening Blogs to all registered members. Thoughts?

-->Blogs will be greatest thing we can have, It's a good tool to share idea and current prospects etc..We are excited about it.

Don't hesitate to contact if you need any hands on any of these.

Again Thank you for leveraging the valuable community.

Thanks
    Vinoth Gopalakrishnan.
    Thanks,
    Vinoth Gopalakrishnan
    http://www.vinoth.co/
    Reach out for OTM/GTM - Transportation/Logistics and Blockchain Consultations/Strategy

Comment

Re: Just finished testing the new OTMFAQ site!

As an update - the AWS (Amazon Web Services) instance that we were testing on has become permanently locked earlier this week. All of the data is safe (we use both backups and Amazon's EBS - elastic block store - for protection). However, it has put our testing back a bit, as I need to re-create the DEV environment to continue testing.

Just a heads-up that this may delay the release of the new site -- as soon as I have an updated timeline, I'll let everyone know.

--Chris

Comment

Working...
      X