X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Number Generator for Shipment

Hi all,

We have a requirement to generate shipment number in the following order -

BL_Control Number_Source_Destination_Import Control Number (BL control number and Import control number are reference numbers)

I have created a BN rule - {r*id=1:xml=SOURCE}-{r*id=2:xml=DEST}-{r*id=3:xml=REFNUM/BM}-{r*id=3:xml=REFNUM/ICN}

I gave the above in the BN Rule Definition and made it default for the BN Type - SHIPMENT_XID.

When I create a shipment with this BN Rule all I get is ---001 as the result, it is just getting generated with the hifen's and not taking the values inside the strings.

Would be grt if someone can let me know where I might be making a mistake, when I tested the same BN Rule with Order Release it is working fine.

Thanks
    Raja
    Last edited by raajamanikandan; January 30, 2009, 00:39. Reason: Track it with Icon

Re: Business Number Generator for Shipment

Raja,

I was just doing some research in this area. If I read the documentation the tags source and destination are for order release context. For shipment context it only lists the tags Invoice_Number, Servprov, Shipment, refnum/, and party/. A work around might be to create a refnum or involved party for the o/d pairs and it might work. Let me know if this works.

Comment

Working...
    X