Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary Charge Rule- Received

Dear All,

I have faced a very strange case of secondary charge rules.Please find the description of the case as below

Say we have two rules for the same criteria in the system (Serv Provider , Mode, Lane etc) and both are created for Received ( they are just same rules with difference in cost and activation range)

Effective date and expiration date for both are as given below :
    rule 1 : 01.01.2009 09.02.2009
    rule 2 : 10.02.2009 09.03.2009
    Also
    Shipment Start date : 07.02.2009
    End date : 14.02.2009

Now when secondary shipment is supposed to be created at Received , it says no valid rule found . When i change the expiration date of the first rule to be 15.03.2009 , OTM build the secondary shipment for same. I wonder How??
    Also the OTM help says , for Received it always consider the actual delivery . so i think it should take shipment end date in consideration.

There are many doubts in my mind

1. if OTM takes start date or end date into account, in any of the way OTM will get one rule active,So it should build shipment by any rule.
    2. If it search for shipment time window in any rule, it wont find any rule. If that's the reason for 'No rule found'
    then we could have many such cases, as in our system, rates change is a frequent practice.
    3. Also i have seen these cases only of received rules, for Picked Up, it always build on the basis of Shipment start time.If its the case with Picked Up, why not with Received ? Is it some Bug ?

Has some a better picture of OTM functionality for Received rules ?

thanks for cooperation
    Regards
    Geetika Dua
    Regards
    Geetika

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If my post was useful please click Thanks!

Re: Secondary Charge Rule- Received

Hi Geetika,

Pls note the
    "Received - create secondary charge when any actuals are recorded for stop with an Activity of R". In that case receiving will consider the delivery date of the shipment..so In your shipment delivery date doesnt fall in any of the rule date... the main purpose of creating secondary shipment is to Invoice a service provider for additional services for the activity...
    Thanks,
    Vidya

Comment

Hi Vidya,

Thanks for the reply,

Please correct if my understanding is wrong, as per your reply you mean, my shipment delivery date doesn't fall under any rule, but rule 2 is active till 09.03.2009 and shipment delivery is on 14.02.2009.

can you please suggest ?

Regards
      Geetika Dua
      Regards
      Geetika

Comment

Hi Geeta,

Sorry, i am also getting the same error now ...Can anyone clarify on this...
        Last edited by Vidya; April 25, 2009, 14:15. Reason: .
        Thanks,
        Vidya

Comment

Hi

Can anyone please help. !!!! Is it a OTM bug ??
          Regards
          Geetika

Comment

Working...
          X