Yard Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yard Manager

Does anyone know how to get shipments without appointments to appear on the yard manager grid? I configured OTM yard manager according to 'Help' and moved shipments without appointments to the yard using the power action. I still cannot see them on the yard manager grid. Is there a glog property that I would need to change?

Thanks!

Re: Yard Manager

"Move to Yard" action is available for both unscheduled and scheduled shipments.This actions works perfectly fine if yards are properly configured (in terms of rows & slots). No additional preperty file need to be set for this.
    Nipun Lakhotia
    Manager, EY

Comment

Thanks! Just to make sure I am clear, if I set up the yard to 5 by 5, would that still be okay? I am using the default row headers.

Comment

Yes, that would be fine. 5x5 yard can accommodate 25 shipments.

If you can see your shipments in appointment manager, then you can move them to yard ( irrespective of them being scheduled or not)
        Nipun Lakhotia
        Manager, EY

Comment

Hi Nipun,

Kindly clarify How the Time in Yard is calculated?
          Thanks,
          Vidya

Comment

there is no direct way of cal time unless u cretae agents with custom statuses even then u wud have to cal rhe time by lookin at the status change times......

Comment

Hi,
              How can i see shipments in appointmanager? What need do first?

Comment

Hi,

to create appointments , broadly you would need to have location resources defined ( location> resources (tab) > Resource type and other details there.... then buy shipment > action > dock scheduling > set appointments ......

you can also go to appointments in warehouse managment to view and edit your appointments , use the schedule board to perform the modifications , move the appointments or even move to yard grid ( if you have dfined that in the location) amongst other options available.

I am sure there are many posts on this in OTM FAQ and oracle metalink. Also the help is quite good on this asspect .... but just to give u a heads up there are some issues on this ( appointment ) in OTM , you can see these in the metalink site itself...

Hope this helps !!!

rgds---

Comment

The system calculates the yard time from the time the shipment is moved to yard in UTC and the time you move it out of the yard... though the intime is visible from the front end ( in the shipment in the yard block, click on view details ) , but the end time is not visible . This however gets updated in the "Yard" table as the end time ( in UTC) , when you move the shipment / schedule the appointment.

hope this helps....

rgds--

Comment

Hi Rj,

Thanks for the reply.. Kindly clarify why the End time is Blank always and Is it possible to Move the newly created shipment to Yard?
                    Thanks,
                    Vidya

Comment

Hi Rj,

Kindly clarify how the OTM Calculates the Time in Yard ?
                      Thanks,
                      Vidya

Comment

Hi Rj,

The end Time is getting updated in the table as you said but the Time in yard is taking based on the start time of the shipment not the time from when Moved to Yard....
                        Thanks,
                        Vidya

Comment

not sure what u are trying , but we are able to get the time in yard from the time the ship arr at the location also if u want 2 get the exact time moved to yard and out write a custom sql in a saved query to cal the diff between the insert time of the table and the end time

Comment

Hi,

I am trying this in 6.4.2. I am not able to see any action for "Move to Yard" if the shipment's appointment is already scheduled. Has anything changed, any idea? Please let me know.

Regards,
                            Anirban Roy

Comment

Working...
                            X