UOM? Where is this configured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UOM? Where is this configured?

We are making some changes to our environment currently and we have started getting a lot of UOM exception errors. It can't convert to CUFT from BF and it can't convert to BF from CUFT. Thing is we can't remember where he set this up, and it isn't documented. Where do I go to configure / turn this off? Anyone?

Re: UOM? Where is this configured?

Would you believe its the UOM table?

There's no UI for it though - you have to update it via sql

Gary
    Regards
    Gary Cunningham
    www.cbmc.co.uk
    www.mavenwire.com

Comment

Is BF a UOM that your organization uses? If not then adding it to the UOM/UOMMAP table isn't going to help. This most likely came in through integration so you will need to first identify where it is coming from. The 4 most common places to look for this is in the Order Base, Order Release, Shipment and Rate tables. It is tough to find but if this occurs frequently, there is a good chance it is a rate with an incorrect UOM.
      If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
      15 years of OTM experience

Comment

Well we are actually trying to take out the conversion that is currently in place. We are now passing Net and Gross volume over, so we don't want OTM to convert these values. If we take out the pieces in the UOM and UOMMAP will that stop this, or do we need to check other places as well?

Comment

The conversion is taking place because it needs to. Let's say you have a rate that is being rated per CUFT. If you have an order that has BF in it and it isn't listed in the UOM/UOMMAP table you are going to always get this error. What you'll need to do is take out the rates that have volume or add the new UOM so that OTM knows how to evaluate the rate.
          If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
          15 years of OTM experience

Comment

If you want to leave the values unchanged - you'll need to create a one to one mapping.
            ie
            1 CUFT = 1 BF
            and
            1 BF = 1 CUFT

Gary
            Regards
            Gary Cunningham
            www.cbmc.co.uk
            www.mavenwire.com

Comment

Hi All,

I have configured GRAM as new UOM. But it is not visible in front End . I have added entry in UOM and UOMMAP table.

Regards
              Manish

Comment

Working...
              X