Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tender timeout question

Hello,

We want to have the secure resources status on the shipment updated after a period of time if a web tender has been tendered (secure resources, email sent to carrier) but the carrier has not accepted or declined. The Response time has been set on the Notification tab of the Contact Manager for the carrier. Various values have been tried, 5 min, 30 min, 1hr,.. The shipment status does not change. There is no sign of any transaction happening when the tender goes unanwered past the time present in the response time setting.

Are there more settings required that cause the secure resouces status on the shipment to be updated when a tender goes past the response time?

Thanks
    Rich
    Last edited by rkuhl; December 4, 2009, 19:12.

Re: Tender timeout question

Not exactly sure if I understand what you're trying... are you only tendering to 1 carrier? Not auto tendering?
    If that is the case, it should go from a tendered status to withdrawn status after the timeout period. You could then have an agent look for the status to change and have an action off that to flip it to whatever you want.

If you've got multiple carriers, you wouldn't want to auto secure after timeout, because it would never give another carrier a chance to accept.

Correct me if I'm off...

Comment

You are correct, the tender has not been auto-tendered. Secure Resources was done manually. I have an agent set up to look for the shipment status change. The agent will change the shipment indicator so the the shipment will be included when the planner queries for shipments that need to be tendered. Max-Retenders is set to 0.

The secure resources status does not change from SECURE RESOURCE_TENDERED.

Rich
      Last edited by rkuhl; December 4, 2009, 19:47.

Comment

You are correct, the tender has not been auto-tendered. Secure Resources was done manually. I have an agent set up to look for the shipment status change. The agent will change the shipment indicator so the the shipment will be included when the planner queries for shipments that need to be tendered. Max-Retenders is set to 0.

The secure resources status does not change from SECURE RESOURCE_TENDERED.

Rich

Comment

So...

Agent type---> SHIPMENT
          Agent Event listened to ---> SHIPMENT TENDER TIMEOUT
          ----------------------------------
          Actions ---->ACCEPT TENDER

Is it right?

Vinoth
          Thanks,
          Vinoth Gopalakrishnan
          http://www.vinoth.co/
          Reach out for OTM/GTM - Transportation/Logistics and Blockchain Consultations/Strategy

Comment

Hi Vinoth,

I have verified with Oracle Support that we have a problem. With a Response Time set on the Carrier Contact record, the shipment status should change from Secure Resources_Tendered to Secure Resources_No Response when the carrier does not accept or decline the tender within the amount of time set in its Response Time on the Contact record. This status change is not happening for us.

Thanks,
            Rich

Comment

Working...
            X