Spot bids to different carrier by lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot bids to different carrier by lane

Is it possible to send spot bids to different carriers for different lanes?

Example:

Texas to California, spot bids need to be sent to carriers C1, C2 and C3
    California to Washington, spot bids need to be sent to carriers C1, C2, C3, C4 and C5

Thank you for your help.

Re: Spot bids to different carrier by lane

Originally posted by satish View Post
    Is it possible to send spot bids to different carriers for different lanes?

Example:

Texas to California, spot bids need to be sent to carriers C1, C2 and C3
    California to Washington, spot bids need to be sent to carriers C1, C2, C3, C4 and C5

Thank you for your help.

Yes, this is possible. Try the following set ups:

1. All carriers who are required for spot bid tender have to be enabled with "ACCEPT SPOT BID TENDER" in Service provider manager.
    2. This information has to be defined in particular lanes in lane tender information.

As per your example,

Texas - California - Lane1 - In this lane, you can define the carriers C1,C2,C3 in lane tender information (with open tender enabled)

California - Washington - Lane2 - Here you add carriers C1,C2,C3,C4,C5.

When you do a spot bid tender, you can see only the relevant carriers mapped to the particular lane will appear by default.

Comment

Sachin,

It worked. Thank you. Is there a way to create tiers of carriers for the same lane? In the above example, for lane1, I want to set C1 and C2 as tier1 and C3 as tier2. I want to broadcast to tier2 carriers only if none of the tier1 carriers have accepted the bid.

Comment

Sathish,

In 6.0 and above, we have option to define tier values in Service provider manager.

You can attach all your (Tier1 & Tier2) carriers to lane tender information. Afterthat you may need to write an agent to

1. broadcast tender only to Tier1 carriers.
        2. If there is no response for the broadcast tender within response time, then agent should withdraw the tenders for Tier1 and it should tender it Tier2 carriers.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
        Rajiv

Comment

Thank you, Rajiv. I will try that. In automation agents, is it possible to check fields of other objects? i.e. my agent type is Shipment but I need to check the tier field value in Service Provider (for every service provider on the lane) to determine if i need to send the spot bid tender. It looked like the saved condition works only on the object specified in the agent type.

Comment

Hi Sathish,

I think it should be possible. Let the agent type be Shipment and event can be 'Shipment - created'.

Use an If/Else condition in combination with 'Direct SQL update' in Agent Action to achieve this.

Regards,
            Rajiv

Comment

Working...
            X