BNG for Shipment XID based on transport mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BNG for Shipment XID based on transport mode

I am trying to set up the BNG in OTM 5. 5 to generate the Shipment XID based on the transport type, if transport type is LTL then start XID with LTLnnnn-nnn same with TL TLnnnn-nnn where n is a number.

I have setup a business number type of GUEST.SHIPMENT_XID with a BN context of Shipment Context.

I then set up a business rule using my business number type of GUEST.Shipment_XID and set it to default.

I have defined a rule using the rule definition of
    {r*:id=1:xml=MODE}-{p:range=%1}

I have a BN Named Range of GRD (that is one of my transport modes) and set to another BN rule of GRD with a rule definition of {nnnnn:start=40000}

When I run the test BN generator I get an instruction to select a shipment id which I do and OTM returns values in the results set.

When I attempt to test it by building a shipment from an Order Release I get a nasty stack trace which ultimately ends with No default rule found for type =Shipment_XID domain =GUEST.

Do I need to set up the business rule type in the Public schema or can rules be domain specific?

Thanks,
    Rick

Hi,
    Would you give any insight if you were able to solve this, got stuck in similar issues..
    Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X