Using a Java Plug-in on an Action Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Java Plug-in on an Action Check

I have an interesting challenge. We have a new facility coming on board in OTM and although we want to use OTM to Plan, Tender and schedule, for this facility I need to verify that the chosen appointment is acceptable to the facility's system before allowing the appointment in OTM.

I thought to do this with an action check, as I need to verify BEFORE the appointment is persisted in OTM. I had a thought to try to have my Allow Condition (Saved Query/Condition) call a stored procedure which would then make a call out to connect to the other system to validate the appointment.

When attempting to set this up, I see that an action check allows for a Java plug-in. This would appear to be a much better solution as a little java program to communicate with the facilitie's system would be preferable.

I cannot find in the help how I go about setting this up. Does it just call main? What information is passed to the call. I would at minimum need the shipment_gid and the appointment time, and location_gid.

Does any one have any experience with using a Java plug-in that could give me some guidance.

Thanks,

Janice

Hi Janice

Were you able to work on this, i am working on a similar activity and wanted to check if you had figured this out and worked on it at your end. Please advise. Appreciate your quick reply on this.

Rgds

Regards,

Raveendranath Thalapalli

Comment

Working...
    X