Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brokerage & Forwarding

Hi All

What is the purpose of Brokerage & Forwarding in OTM? Does any one provide the some literature or presentation on the same. With teh help of which i can try some scenarios in OTM.

Do the needful as soon as possible.

Anand

Re: Brokerage & Forwarding

The Brokerage and Forwarding functionality was developed in conjunction with an OTM freight forwarding client to support their operations (export initially). This covers:

- Creation of freight forwarding bookings
    - Customer and Buyer templates
    - International Trade Logistics
    - Quotations
    - Jobs
    - Consols
    - Non Freight Related Charges (NFRC's)

From my experience, this does not suit all of the requirements of an international, multi-modal freight forwarding organization but it does have some interesting functionality. Let me know if you want specifics.

Comment

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I want to try some scenarios of the same in OTM. can you please provide me some preserntation & literature.

Anand

Comment

Hi - I do have a wealth of material on these areas but nothing I can share over a public forum I am afraid. If you have specific scenarios that you want some advice on, I am happy to do that. Alternatively, if you just want to do some self education on this area of the product, look in the on-line help - that is a great source of information on which to base some initial learning.

Comment

Hi

I appreciate your response. Basically i am in learning stage. My basic profile is JDE S&D but wants to gain the knowlege of OTM. So till toda i gained basic knowledge of Order Processing, Transpotation, planning & Execution and contract.

But along with these terms i also want to gain more knowledge on other topics. I tring with On-line help but unable to gain much. So if you can helpe me out with material it will be highly appreciated. u can use my official ID to communicate further.

Anand

Comment

Hi Anand,

You can go to ilearning.oracle.com. I believe you are aware of this learning portal from Oracle. You should have OPN ID to access various modules. I have seen some training materials around the functionality you are looking for. Check out on them to help you.

Regards,
            Vipin

Comment

Hi vipin

Whether i need to register in ilearning.oracle.com to access the training material on OTM. I have the OPN ID.

Anand

Comment

You need to create your Oracle account at .O {color:black;} a:link {color:#4D4D4D !important;} a:active {color:silver !important;} a:visited {color:#667263 !important;} Oracle University Knowledge Center: Self-Paced Online Courses, Recorded WebClasses, and Recorded WebSeminars

Check for sign in and create your profile. You will use OPN ID here. after creating your account, ilearning site will get auto logged in when you type in this site's name in the address bar.
                Also check this thread from Chris:
                http://www.otmfaq.com/forums/f31/otm...ing-update-37/

Comment

Dear sir
                  i implementing OTM 6.1 for a freight forwarding company in the middle east , i was wondering if u have any documents about how the business work flow is being implemented on the system, as the help and the documentation are very poor so i would be grateful if you would help me with that

thanks

Moussa

Comment

Hi Mousa,

Are you able to find the workflow or solution for Brokerage and Forwarding module in otm.

Thanks,
                    Amy

Comment

Working...
                    X