Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Time from Date fields in OTM

Hi,
    Is it possible to remove / hide time from the date fields in OTM screens. We have time in every date field but we don't need the time as don't use time details in our transportation orders.

Thanks,
    Venkat.

Re: Removing Time from Date fields in OTM

To remove time from screen may not be easy.
    But you may use property glog.query.asDateColumns.<table_name=column_name_1,column_name_2>
    Indicates which columns should be treated as a date instead of a date/time when querying the system.
    --
    Joseph Liang
    MavenWire APAC
    http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

Hi,
      We want to do this in Order base lines (pickup and delivery dates), order Release and shipment screen dates. can you please tell me the in which property file i can find this particular property?

Thanks.

Comment

Th properties file is located in [OTM]/glog/config/glog.properties
        Make sure you store custom properties in Custom Properties section.
        Also note that server restart is required to take effect.

Code:
        [COLOR=darkgreen]#--------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=darkgreen]# Custom Properties - Beginning[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=darkgreen]#--------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=darkgreen]# Place all changes, new properties, and custom properties here.[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=darkgreen]# This section will be used during GC3 Upgrades[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkgreen]# Custom Properties - End[/COLOR]
        --
        Joseph Liang
        MavenWire APAC

Comment

Hi,
          I added the the propery as you mentioned. But once i restarted my server, i'm getting an error in login page. i couldn't login. Can you please help me in correcting them if there is anything wrong with them?

#--------------------------------------------------------------------
          # Custom Thread Properties - Beginning
          # Place all thread changes and properties here.
          # This section will be used during GC3 Upgrades
          glog.query.asDateColumns.ob_line=early_pickup_date ,early_delivery_date,late_delivery_date,late_picku p_date
          glog.query.asDateColumns.order_release=early_picku p_date,early_delivery_date,late_delivery_date,late _pickup_date
          # Custom Thread Properties - End

Thanks,
          Venkat.

Comment

First, although glog.query.asDateColumns property should not affect the system, you should place custom properties in "Custom Properties" section, not "Custom Thread Properties".

Second, I hope you did not corrupt the glog.properties file. If you have a backup of glog.properties, please restore it and restart OTM.
            --
            Joseph Liang
            MavenWire APAC

Comment

Hi,
              I had the backup of original glog.properties. So i could replace the modified one to work.

Now i made the changes in the custom properties but after restarting the Apps Server, the date fields are still has time.

# Custom Properties - Beginning
              # Place all changes, new properties, and custom properties here.
              # This section will be used during GC3 Upgrades
              glog.query.asDateColumns.ob_line=early_pickup_date ,early_delivery_date,late_delivery_date,late_picku p_date
              glog.query.asDateColumns.order_release=early_picku p_date,early_delivery_date,late_delivery_date,late _pickup_date
              # Custom Properties - End

Can you please let me know where did i go wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

I think you misunderstood my original post.

The property does not remove time from screen. It only changes behavior of query.
                Like I said, to remove time from screen may not be easy. You need to modify Screen Sets, Manager Layouts and maybe stylesheets.
                Originally posted by josephliang View Post
                To remove time from screen may not be easy.
                Indicates which columns should be treated as a date instead of a date/time when querying the system.
                --
                Joseph Liang
                MavenWire APAC

Comment

Hi Joseph,
                  I understand now. Thank you for your help. I think it might require change in stylesheets. I don't think we can manage just with manager layouts.

Thanks,
                  Venkat.

Comment

Another quick note - ensure that you update the glog.properties file on all of the OTM web and app serves at the same time, to ensure they're in sync.

--Chris

Comment

Hi,

Was this requirement configured?? We are also having similar requirement.

Thanks..

Comment

Not sure if you somehow were managed to fix it out. But maybe you can try this simple trick: instead of changing property file can't you just narrowed a bit those fields (in screen set) just to show date without time?

It is not perfect solution because user still be able to see time (if they put cursor on that field and moved to right) but it not required any advanced modification.

Br/Grzegorz

Comment

Working...
                        X