Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting Location

Hi Friends,

The drivers, PUs, equipments etc have something called sighting location ID and date. Any idea how do we populate them? Please let me know if anyone has explored it.

Regards,
    Anirban Roy

Re: Sighting Location

I assume you already looked in OTM Help, where it states you enter this in the Equipment

Comment

Yes, i did look at the Help. But when you try creating equipment this field is blocked i.e. you cannot enter any data while creating the equipment.

Regards,
      Anirban Roy

Comment

The sighting locations are transitory. They can be updated by agents based on the new events in version 6.0 which replace Shipment Events and can include driver reports, rfid scans; rail reports etc..
        Last edited by gmurphy222; January 9, 2010, 22:11.

Comment

So would this be how you would integrate GPS devices on the tractors?

Has anyone done that?

Comment

In OTM v6.1, there are new mobile comm features - this would be the best way to start. I believe this is getting enhanced in v6.2 also. OTM has an XML API for this and companies like E2open provide connectivity to mobile providers like Qualcomm.

My concern is in how many updates you may send into OTM, because certain tables (i_transmission, i_transaction) can get very large, very fast if you're sending in tons of integration -- such as the location/status updates.

The quantity of your updates will depend on whether you're updating locations regularly or just doing point updates (i.e. via geo-fencing, etc).

--Chris

Comment

In OTM, When you use Move an Asset (Driver, Power Unit, or Equipment) to location, say Driver by using Move Driver to Location, The sighting location and Date would be populated.
              If you move the Driver to another location then the new location would be populated in sighting location and date.
              The previous value for Sighting Location and Date would move to Prev Sighting Location and Prev Sighting Date.

I hope this helps
              Last edited by AJAYBANSAL; November 14, 2011, 07:02. Reason: Spelling and Grammer Mistakes

Comment

Working...
              X