OTM Financials for billing and supplier invoicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTM Financials for billing and supplier invoicing

Please help me in understanding the Accounting cycle for Oracle Transportation Management (OTM). We are at a crucial stage of implementing below five modules of OTM at our client:

Transportation Management Cloud Service
    Transportation Operational Planning Cloud Service
    Fleet Management Cloud Service
    Freight Payment, Billing and Claims Cloud Service
    Transportation Intelligence Cloud Service

and in those modules, there's a menu of Financials, and that includes a sub menu of General Ledger. But we are unable to understand their functionality. So can you please make me understand that? Or share with me any comprehensive document to understand that.

Kindly provide me the immediate response coz I am badly stuck in it.

Re: OTM Financials for billing and supplier invoicing

Hi Junesh,
    1. I am afraid you posted to the wrong section. You can move this thread to Section "Settlement".
    2. Oracle provides training on OTM implementation, including topic on Financials. It is essential that consultants get well trained on OTM before the implementation.
    3. From a high level, you need to map the transportation cost to different General Ledger codes for accounting book keeping purpose.

Comment

Firstly, thanks Andrew for your Kind response!

1. Suggest me that how can I move this thread to other Section?

2. We got On demand training from Oracle. But it covered only OTM Core planning Configuration Fundamentals. When I asked trainer regarding other modules, he gave us below response:

"Please contact your OU sales representative regarding the content you were informed would be covered. OU currently only offers one OTM course, which covers Core Planning configuration fundamentals, as described on Oracle University’s site. OTM modules outside of Core Planning are not covered in the course."

3. Can you please elaborate about the mapping of transportation cost to GL Codes? Or provide any document that covers that.

Regards,
      Junesh

Comment

Oracle Consulting offers OTM Financials courses. Let me know if interested.

Comment

Working...
        X