Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying Refnums from Order Release to Order Movements

Hi,

Does anyone has any experience copying refnums from an Order Release to its Order Movements? The OTM version that I'm using currently is 5.5 CU5.

I've tried creating a Data Type Association to associate an order release to an order movement in order to copy refnums via an agent action, but I've not been successful.

I know that it is possible to copy refnums via Direct SQL Updates, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

Many thanks,
    Simon.

Re: Copying Refnums from Order Release to Order Movements

Hi,

It should work.
    Can you please share the SQL you used while creating new "Data Type Association"
    Nipun Lakhotia
    Manager, EY

Comment

Originally posted by nipunlakhotia View Post
      Hi,

It should work.
      Can you please share the SQL you used while creating new "Data Type Association"
      Here's the SQL:

SELECT ORDER_RELEASE_GID FROM ORDER_MOVEMENT WHERE ORDER_MOVEMENT_GID=? ORDER BY ORDER_RELEASE_GID

I am able to use this Data Association to change the Indicator for the related Order Release, therefore I can confirm that the above SQL is correct.

Thanks,
      Simon.

Comment

Hi Simon,
        I have also tested the same in my instance and facing the similar issue. Indicator is changing but refnums are not getting copied.

Please check with oracle support regarding custom data type associations definition validations.
        Please update the forum accordingly.

Regards,
        Nipun
        Nipun Lakhotia
        Manager, EY

Comment

Originally posted by nipunlakhotia View Post
          Hi Simon,
          I have also tested the same in my instance and facing the similar issue. Indicator is changing but refnums are not getting copied.

Please check with oracle support regarding custom data type associations definition validations.
          Please update the forum accordingly.

Regards,
          Nipun
          Thanks Nipun.
          Will log this issue in Metalink.

Cheers,
          Simon.

Comment

HI ,

Could you pass in some Order movement Id and see if it returns more than 1 occurance of the same Order release gid?
            SELECT ORDER_RELEASE_GID FROM ORDER_MOVEMENT WHERE ORDER_MOVEMENT_GID='XXX.00211' ORDER BY ORDER_RELEASE_GID

If it does return the same OR GID more than once, could you try to add in DISTINCT in the select clause:
            i.e.
            SELECT DISTINCT ORDER_RELEASE_GID FROM ORDER_MOVEMENT WHERE ORDER_MOVEMENT_GID=? ORDER BY ORDER_RELEASE_GID

I reckon if there is more than 1 result of the same order release id, OTM would have problem assigning or knowing which OR GID to use.
            worth to give a try.

Cheers,
            Shereen

Comment

Hi,

you might try to replace the "?" in your query by "$GID"; sometimes it helps (i am still not sure what the real difference is)

Rgds
              Oliver

Comment

Hi Shereen and Oliver,
                Many thanks for your inputs. I will try as per your suggestions and let you know. At the moment, my hands are full on other stuff.

Thanks again,
                Simon.

Comment

Hi Shereen / Oliver,

Thanks for your posts. I've tried using both your data type association queries, but no joy. Both queries are able to link back to the Order Release (because the indicator on the OR changed from the Order Movement agent), but the refnum copying action is not working.

I will raise this issue in Metalink.

Cheers,
                  Simon.

Comment

i have read through Metalink, this is a bug raised...
                    https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=Bug&id=6083947

I have identified another bug in OTM that is similar
                    i.e. copy OB SU refnum to OR refnum Bug 8967514

As a workaround, Oracle Support suggested this:
                    This is due to a bug causing only the xid of custom data query type association to save instead of the gid when the agent is created. Hence on execution, the agent does not proceed.
                    As a workaround, you can create your custom data type association in the public domain – I have tested and it works!

Comment

Working...
                    X