Resequence Shipment Stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resequence Shipment Stops

When we attempt to resequence stops that OTM has put together for us, we get the error "Rate Offering Not Feasible." The reason we are trying to change the stop sequence that OTM provided is because the Planners know that certain stop points have a limited delivery time window and they try to set the sequence so that the carrier can make all the stops efficiently. It is also because the consignee may have limited delivery windows each day and we need to have the sequence set up in a way that the carrier can complete all the stops so that they meet these limited windows. In some cases, we are talking about a 2-3 hour window.

How do we tell OTM that certain consignees need to have these limited windows so that OTM will sequence the stops accordingly?

Re: Resequence Shipment Stops

Hi,

You can force OTM to follow the planner's sequence using Pickup and drop off routing sequence in OR constraints.

You cannot specify time constraints here, but still you can give priority of stops to be followed. Sequencing of stops will be done based on your sequence constraints.

I think there is one more constraint which will not allow pick up at any other locations other than source location if its pickup routing. Its similar for drop off sequence also, which will apply based on destination location

Rajiv
    Last edited by Sachin; June 24, 2009, 04:25.

Comment

Hi Rajiv, thanks for your feedback.

I am not aware of how to set up what you are suggesting. I am in the OR Constraints window but do not see where to set this up. I am looking at the Order Releases relate dto a particular shipment. Am I in the correct area? Can you provide a few more details?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I've attached a document on navigation and how to configure 'sequencing stops'. You can try your scenario based on this example.

If you face any issues, post your requirement in detail.

Rajiv
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rajiv, I am seeing a different window than you are. Attached is a screenshot of the window that I see on my side.

Thanks for your help.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I think you are working on a customised order release screenset. It could be the reason many of the attributes are missing.

I am working on 5.5 CU4. You are in which version? I'm not sure
            whether this functionality exists in previous versions.

Rajiv

Comment

Hi Rajiv, sorry about that. I realised afterward that I was using the custom screenset for Order Releases. When I use the standard OTM menu, I now see the missing fields.

This helps to complete your suggested approach. However, the goal is to eliminate this manual effort because it causes planners to have to spend time doing this when we would rather have OTM do this automatically.

Currently we use OTM's 24 hour format for Delivery Windows, meaning that an order is submitted into OTM and automatically uses a 24 hour schedule to list the delivery window times. In reality, we would like to specify the actual 2-3 hour window that our pickup and dropoff locations have specified to us. Hopefully if we restrict OTM to these more specific windows, it will plan the drop sequence for us.

Is this possible in OTM? Can an order / shipment be created in OTM that has these limited delivery windows? Can we specify a specific time frame (of 2-3 hours) or can OTM only use an entrire day as an entry?

Comment

Hi,

To meet the delivery time windows, you need to enter the exact early/late pick up and early/late delivery date for each order release.

This will help OTM in sequencing the stop accordingly. By default, OTM tries to plan the shipments with shortest distance if there are no delivery time constraints.

If you constraint your delivery time in each order release, OTM will plan stops accordingly. This again the planner has to enter after recieving delivery window time from each stop.

I've attached a similar scenario. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
                Rajiv
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to all that helped out on this one. We ended up changing the sequence in each of the Locations for this customer because 80% of the time it will be the same pickup point and the same drop-off points using the same drop sequence and roughly the same orders and weight each time. After a few weeks of trial, it seems to work fine.

Comment

You're welcome.

I'm happy its working fine for you finally by having the sequences at location level instead of order release.

Cheers,
                    Rajiv

Comment

Originally posted by cspadola View Post
                      Thanks to all that helped out on this one. We ended up changing the sequence in each of the Locations for this customer because 80% of the time it will be the same pickup point and the same drop-off points using the same drop sequence and roughly the same orders and weight each time. After a few weeks of trial, it seems to work fine.
                      HI,

Can you please share what you have defined on your locations.In my case I was using Absolute_last on the Location where I want the final stop to be but no luck, it plans two shipments instead of one multi-stop.

tx

Comment

Working...
                      X