Unable to create a new order base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to create a new order base

I am trying to create an Order BAse in OTM 6.0, however when 'New' button is pressed, it give error like 'An undefined error has occured, Please try again later' On clicking Fix error button, issue does not get resolved.

Can anyone please help here?

Re: Unable to create a new order base

Sounds like an installation error.
    Does everything else work okay?

Comment

I have the same problem.

I also cannot create locations and Service Provider, I cannot edit locations already in OTM available.

We have made an uprade from 5.5 to 6.0.

Thanke you for any support.

Comment

FYI - these errors are typically tracked down to the installation of the 3rd party JAR files that OTM requires post-install. Please ensure that you've followed the steps to download and install these library files, so that OTM will function.

--Chris

Comment

Looks like I am also hitting the same error. Can you please give me more details on this Chris. What type of 3rd Party Jar we are talking about.

Sreedhar Puppali

Comment

Originally posted by sreedharpuppali View Post
            Looks like I am also hitting the same error. Can you please give me more details on this Chris. What type of 3rd Party Jar we are talking about.

Sreedhar Puppali

They are in the release notes and are also mentioned at the end of the installation for the 3rd party jars. There are also a few database scripts that need to be executed manually to get new orders, shipments etc working.

Note 800895.1 Problems Creating Locations, Order Releases and Service Providers in New OTM 6.0 Installations

Go to directory gc3/glog/oracle/script8

alter table DISTANCE_SERVICE_TIME modify DISTANCE_VALUE_UOM_CODE NULL;
            alter table LOCATION_ROLE_PROFILE modify VAR_HANDLING_WEIGHT_UOM_CODE NULL;
            alter table OB_SU_RELEASE_INSTRUCTION modify SEQUENCE_NO NULL;
            alter table ORDER_RELEASE modify TOTAL_DECLARED_VALUE NULL;
            alter table ORDER_RELEASE modify TOTAL_DECLARED_VALUE_BASE NULL;
            alter table ORDER_RELEASE modify TOTAL_DECLARED_VALUE_GID NULL;
            alter table ORDER_RELEASE_LINE modify BILLED_QUANTITY_UOM_CODE NULL;
            alter table RATE_SERVICE_SPEED modify MIN_DRIVE_TIME_UOM_CODE NULL;
            alter table SHIPMENT modify TOTAL_DECLARED_VALUE NULL;
            alter table SHIPMENT modify TOTAL_DECLARED_VALUE_BASE NULL;
            alter table SHIPMENT modify TOTAL_DECLARED_VALUE_GID NULL;
            alter table SHIP_GROUP modify MARKED_FOR_PURGE NULL;
            alter table SKU modify MARKED_FOR_PURGE NULL;
            alter table SS_STATUS_HISTORY modify PARTITION_KEY NULL;
            alter table VISIBILITY_EVENT modify EVENT_DATE NULL;
            alter table VISIBILITY_EVENT modify VISIBILITY_EVENT_TYPE_GID NULL;

@recompile_invalid_objects.sql;
            exit;

Go to directory gc3/glog/oracle
            @insert_security_roles.sql;
            exit;
            If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
            15 years of OTM experience

Comment

All those table columns are already NULL. Do we still need to run those again.

Thank you -Sreedhar

Comment

It won't hurt to re-run these...if they are already set then they should error out. If they do then you have some other issue. You'll want to check the glog.exception.log and the weblogic console.log for more information as to what may be causing the problem.

MavenWire Hosting Admin

Comment

This was the fix.. Some readme says.. fix only when you have issue. .but we have to do upfront to fix it...
                  . Rename the following files on the Web server:

$OTM/glog/gc3webapp/WEB-INF/lib/standard.jar => standard.jar.orig
                  $OTM/glog/gc3webapp/WEB-INF/lib/3rdparty/standard.jar => standard.jar.orig
                  $OTM/glog/gc3webapp/WEB-INF/lib/3rdparty/saxpath.jar => saxpath.jar.orig (*)
                  $OTM/glog/gc3webapp/WEB-INF/lib/3rdparty/jaxen-full.jar => jaxen-full.jar.orig (*)

where $OTM is the root directory where Oracle Transportation Management was installed.

(*) these files will not exist on newer Oracle Transportation Management installations

2. Download the following file into a temporary directory:

a. http://flavio.tordini.org/download/s...-jaxen-1.1.jar

Note: If your browser downloads this as a .zip file, do NOT unzip it; simply rename it as directed in the next step.

3. Rename the file to standard.jar and copy it to the following directories on the Web server only:

$OTM/glog/gc3webapp/WEB-INF/lib
                  $OTM/glog/gc3webapp/WEB-INF/lib/3rdparty

where $OTM is the root directory where Oracle Transportation Management was installed.

4. Download the following file into a temporary directory:

a. http://dist.codehaus.org/jaxen/distr...axen-1.1.1.zip

5. Unzip jaxen-1.1.1.zip using a Zip utility such as WinZip and locate the following files:

a. jaxen-1.1.1/jaxen-1.1.1.jar

6. Rename the file to jaxen-full.jar and copy it to the following directory on the Web server only:

$OTM/glog/gc3webapp/WEB-INF/lib/3rdparty

7. On Linux, Solaris, HP-UX and AIX, change the permissions on the files (in BOTH directories) to -rwxr-xr-x on the Web server:

$ chmod 755 standard.jar jaxen-full.jar

8. On Linux, Solaris, HP-UX and AIX, change the owner of the files (in BOTH directories) to the user used to install Oracle Transportation Management (e.g. otm60) on the Web server:

$ chown otm60 standard.jar jaxen-full.jar

Comment

Hi,

I have installed OTM6.2 in RHEL 5.6 (web,App & DB on the same server)for learning . Executed all the oracle scripts (mentioned in the installation document)and everything went fine.
                    I am able to create domain and users without any problem .But when I try to create anything else like location,order,shipment..etc,.it gives me the error "javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: Illegal argument evaluating XPath expression "/breadCrumbTrail and $mainNode/breadCrumbTrail/@cnt > 1": java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Node must be non-null for getDTMHandleFromNode"

I have copied all jar files as mentioned at the end of OTM installation.

Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this error
                    Last edited by subbarai; May 4, 2011, 12:10.

Comment

One of our customers had this issue. There is a quickpatch for the breadCrumbTrail error. You'll need to contact Oracle OTM support for the patch.

MavenWire Hosting Admin

Comment

Working...
                      X