Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass upload of demand

Dear Guru's,

I have a user group who is managing the order creation process manualy and then they send it to leagacy application admin to upload this demand manualy into the system. We are plaiining to replace the current legacy app with OTM and want to understand if there is any out of box functionality in OTM where the user himself can mass upload (through excel file) the orders directly through UI

Thanks
    Jag

Re: Mass upload of demand

Jag,

There is no such functionality in OTM. The Excel file must be converted to the Order Release XML and manually uploaded or sent through Integration.

Comment

You could use CSVs but you should know all the relevent CSVs and the order in which they have to be uploaded.

Regards,
      Anirban Roy

Comment

The problem with using CSVs is that they will not trigger Agents if any of them are listening for an Order Create.

Comment

You can use Excel to create xml files - I would not recommend loading orders by CSV

Comment

In a past client, an order loader Excel spreadsheet was used to capture all the data and then generate an XML file for loading into OTM

Comment

Hi,
              Can anyone help me how do i convert and excel into Orderbase or orderrelease xml?
              Is there any procedures to be followed?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi everyone.

Can I mass upload multiple Order Release XMLs in one go using a functionality similar to creating a zip file with csvutil.ctl which is used in case of uploading multiple CSVs.

I would really appreciate your help in this regard :-)

Thanks and Regards,
                Rishabh Garg
                Last edited by Rishabh Garg; February 20, 2012, 14:41.
                Best Regards,
                Rishabh Garg

Comment

Hi Rishabh,

You can't bundel multiple xml's into a zip file. Not possible.

But what you can do is having one xml file having multiple order releases. It is not that a xml can only contain one order release. The xml file can be quite big, but uploading 200 separate files instead of one makes a difference.
                  Best Regards,

Bob Romijn

Comment

Working...
                  X