Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order base line / ship unit split

Hi,
    How do i split an order base line so that item count can be splited to many shipunits?

Currently from EBS we create the order base. But it creates one orderbase line per PO line and/or shipment. Our customer receives ready to ship information as a packing list from the supplier. It has partial quantities being packed into multiple ship units of different capacities.

Our customer wants to split the quantity so that they can plan for transportation exactly as it is mentioned in the packing list.

Example :
    OB line 1 : 100 Ea
    Packing List :
    Box 1 : 15 Ea
    Box 2 : 18 Ea
    Box 3 : 10 Ea

Remaining quantities are still not ready and it will be available later.
    Can anyone let me know how do i create a single order release which will have all these ship units.

Thanks.

Re: Order base line / ship unit split

Can be done, but not easy...
    First release 33 Ea of your order base line. Then edit the created order release, add two ship units (total is now 3), and adjust the quantities for each ship unit to your needs

Comment

Hi Lourens,
      Thank you for quick response. Is it possible to do this with in orderbase and release them at once?

How do i specify how many line items per ship unit? It is not uniform. I might have 10 in one box, 12 in another and 11 in third one.

Thanks,
      Venkat.
      Last edited by vsevs; November 30, 2009, 07:02. Reason: Name typo

Comment

What do you mean with release them all at once: an order base with multiple lines?

I don't understand your '10 in one box, 12 in another...' scenario

Comment

Originally posted by vsevs View Post
          Hi,
          How do i split an order base line so that item count can be splited to many shipunits?

Currently from EBS we create the order base. But it creates one orderbase line per PO line and/or shipment. Our customer receives ready to ship information as a packing list from the supplier. It has partial quantities being packed into multiple ship units of different capacities.

Our customer wants to split the quantity so that they can plan for transportation exactly as it is mentioned in the packing list.

Example :
          OB line 1 : 100 Ea
          Packing List :
          Box 1 : 15 Ea
          Box 2 : 18 Ea
          Box 3 : 10 Ea

Remaining quantities are still not ready and it will be available later.
          Can anyone let me know how do i create a single order release which will have all these ship units.

Thanks.
          HI Venkat,

You need to use feature "manually Built Ship Unit " from Order Base Line sub menu.

Search your order base lines via order base.

Select order base lines say..1,2,3 and click on action button..selection above said option.

Here you have to select your ship unit on which you want to release items of all or few of these 3 order lines say 11,12 and 30... if all the items are bundleable it will bundle in signle ship unit or elseyou will get this message "
          Could not manually build ship unit. Lines could not all be bundled together"

Thanks & Regards
          Ashok Mishra

Comment

Hi Ashok,
            Thank you for your reply. Can we able to split a single line item and pack them into multiple shipunits before releasing them and release them once ship units are built.

Thanks.

Comment

You have to go for option ship unit rather than line item.In ship unit You can add multiple Ship Lines...

Comment

Working...
              X