OTM 5.0: Mixed Pallets and Commodity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTM 5.0: Mixed Pallets and Commodity

I am using Commodity to group items. For this I created 3 Commodities (Ambient, Chillier, Frozen). All Commodities are incompatible with each other. Means for example Chillier has an Incompatibility defined for Ambient and Frozen.
    I have configured OTM TiHi logic and building of mixed pallets. Means OTM creates Ship Units with full and mixed pallets on Order Releases.

My test case is to release an Order Base with Ambient and Frozen Line Items. The Item Counts are in a way that partials of Ambient and Frozen Items remain.

Expected OTM behaviour:
    The Order Release has no mixed pallets with Ambient and Frozen items. Means one partial pallet with Ambient items and one partial pallet with Frozen items is created.

Test result:
    OTM combines the partials of Ambient and Frozen Items on a mixed pallet. Means for example Baked Beans and Ice Cream would be mixed on one pallet, which makes no sense.

My Question:
    Is there a configuration to prevent OTM from building mixed pallets with incompatible Commodities?

Re: OTM 5.0: Mixed Pallets and Commodity

Hi,

I feel incompatibility is taken care only in Packaged item layer and if you want to use different pallets then define different pallets for each of this Packaged item.

Please let me know how you have configured OTM TiHi logic.

Regards
    Arpit Tiwari

Comment

TiHi logic is enabled in the Release Method:
      -Determine Number of Transport Handling Units
      -Force Individual Transport Handling Units
      -Allow Mixed Freight on Handling Units

And the Planning Parameter:
      -AUTO CALC WEIGHT VOLUME
      has to be true.

Particular TiHi values are added to each Item.
      Last edited by nhenseler; February 25, 2010, 01:36.

Comment

Hi,

Can you try disabling mixable flag on Packaged Item and test it.

Regards
        Arpit tiwari

Comment

Working...
        X