X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] Functionality of Buy Actuals

Hi,

I tried "buy actuals" option in Shipment Management.

I understand from OTM help that package quantity, weight and volume cannot be modified in buy shipments screen, once the shipments are created.

Using "Buy actuals" we can modify the quantity,weight and volume of the packaged items. I was able to modify these values using the "buy actuals" option.

In my rate record i had mentioned the rate cost will be on "Shipment Total Weight" basis.

When I raise an invoice using buy actuals, actions --> create invoice, I expect OTM to pickup the new weight (as mentioned in buy actuals). But invoice is generated only based on the values available in shipment.

Kindly mention what should be done, so that invoice is generated based on the values given in buy actuals?

Regards
    Rajiv

Re: Functionality of Buy Actuals

Hi, without seing your setup, I can guess that you may be missing a step to recalculate shipment costs after you have added actuals.

Try running action 'recalculate cost' on shipment first , then create invoice.
    MavenWire
    www.MavenWire.com

Comment

Hi Leo,

I had tried 'recalulate shipment cost' in shipment action. Even after that shipment weight remains unchanged.

Actual shipment weight is updated only in the 'buy actuals' and not in the shipment. Invoice is generated based on weight in shipment only.

Buy actuals value is not being picked up for invoice generation.

Is there any other way to generate invoice from buy actuals?

Thanks
      Rajiv

Comment

Hi Leo,

I had missed one more step. OTM picks up the weight from 'buy actuals' only if

1. 'update ship unit' check box is selected in buy actuals.
        2. Then, Recalculate shipment cost in shipment action has to be done.

Now the value gets updated in both buy actuals and shipment also. Invoice is generated based on the new values(weight).

Thanks a lot!

Rajiv

Comment

Working...
        X