Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secure resources timed out waiting for lock on object shipment

Hi,

We are facing issues where while tendering a shipment by clicking on 'Secure resources' it errors out with error 'Secure resources time out waiting for lock on object shipment'. We checked to see if there are any locks using the servlet which provides the details of locks. But could not find what is exactly causing the issue. Oracle updated the service request raised saying that the issue might be due to poor
    design of automation agents. Please let us know if you have faced this kind of issue.
    And any help in resolving the same will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mohan.

Re: Secure resources timed out waiting for lock on object shipment

Hi Mohan,

I have seen the exact same issue in the past. It was infact caused by Agent configuration. There are a few rules you should implement when creating agents.

1. Only have one agent listenting to a given event. If you have 2 or more agents listening to the one even, a lock can easily occur, especially if the agents are performing large operations.

2. If you are triggering Custom Events from within an agent, always "Create New Process", unless this causes sequencing issues.

There are more complex issues here too though. If you are setting Status' from one agent, these may be triggering another agent, and these will be executed from within the same "Process" by OTM. It gets pretty complicated, but I will try and give you a few tips to track down your issue.

A) ensure that Agent logging is switched on in your SYSTEM log file.

b) Execute teh process that results in the error. You do not have to re-produce the error at this stage.

c) To to LOGS, and select SYSTEM, in IDs, SELECT "Agent", then in the Search For, type in "Starting".

d) Select View results. From here, try and track down the specific "Process" (generally a 6 digit number in the second column). Record this number.

e) Return to the "System Log Entry Selection" screen. Now, enter the number recorded in step d) in the Top Level Process field, the Select View Results again.

f) Now, you should have a list of all agents that are being executed as part of the single action. Map the agents out into a workflow, investigate how each agent is triggered, etc.

This will hopefully give you a view into the cause of the Lock. It is a fairly involved process, but I would imagine the solution for you may be to consolidate agents where possible. This will give you greater control over the sequence certain events are executed in also.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks and regards,

James
    James Foran
    Toll Global Information Services
    http://www.tollgroup.com

Comment

Hi,

We have one agent which seems to be causing the issue. The agent does the following actions.
      Agent is triggered on shipment creation event. The agent is defined on object shipment.

1. Update the shipment table
      2. Insert into shipment_refnum table.

Please let me know if having two agents one for update and one for insert will help.

Thanks,
      Srikanth.

Comment

This will cause more issues, not less. I dont think this is the cause of the issue.

You will need to find all the agents that are triggered using the steps previously provided.
        James Foran
        Toll Global Information Services
        http://www.tollgroup.com

Comment

Hi James,

I have this issue in 6.1.3 instance where users get frequent timeouts. It is a scalability environment. Error which user sees in the screen on doing Secure resources is this.

SECURE RESOURCES timed out waiting for SHIPMENT:<DomainName>.<ObjectID>. The object is held by Activity: null, Machine: null, Thread: null, Process: 0, Since: null.

Though this error occurs, tender offer is sent out to the carrier.

When Tender happens, I have an agent on SHIPMENT - STATUS CHANGED with restiction on SECURE RESOURCES_TENDERED, which sends out PlannedShipment to SAP system to intimate on the Service provider selected for a given order.

From what you see, do you strongly beleive it is the agent which is tied to the cause of the problem or could it be a scalability issue where the object lock is not synched or cleaned up.

Thanks,
          Shobz

Comment

Working...
          X