Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch Bill of Lading

Hi All,

In the present Global trade environment, most of the exports happen through 3rd party exports, where the trader doesnt want to show the actual Supplier from whom he is sourcing to the consignee. For this we have the process of Switch Bill of Lading. Can anyone advise how we can do this in OTM.

Regards,
    Murthy

Re: Switch Bill of Lading

Hello Murthy,
    You can try using the Plan-from location in OTM. The actual shipping point will be the plan-from location (supplier), whereas the source location will be the location you want your documents to display. The buy shipment created will have the plan-from location as stop 1.

Regards
    Hrishikesh
    Regards
    Hrishikesh Mhatre

Comment

Hi Hrishikesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created an Order Release with B as source and C as destination, where as A is my pan from and when created a Shipment, i couldnt get the result where A is stop 1. Can you please guide in this.

Regards,
      Murthy

Comment

is the shipment not planning or is the shipment getting created with B as source location?
        Regards
        Hrishikesh Mhatre

Comment

Hi Hrishikesh,

Shipment is getting created with B as the source location and stop 1 also.

Regards,
          Murthy

Comment

Hi,

Have u set the planning parameter
            SHORT CIRCUIT LEG to True?

Regards,
            Sujatha

Comment

Hi Sujata,

I had changed the parameter to "true". When i am trying to create the shipment , it is throwing error "Shipments not built"; my itinerary is from ocation B to Location C. Should i have to change anything on the itinerary or Rate record.

My scenario is:
              I have created an Order Release with B as source and C as destination, where as A is my plan from and when created a Shipment, i have to get all the tghree stops with Stop 1 as A and when i take a Bill of Lading from this Shipment, the Shipper should be B and Consignee should be C.

Can you please look into yhis.

Regards,
              Murthy

Comment

Hi,

Plan From and Plan To location are nothing but the intermitent stops of the itinerary. In your case, itinerary is A--->B--->C , then in the Order Release, the Order source must be mentioned as A and the destination as B.

The plan From location should be B and Plan To location should be C.

In this case, the planning engine will consider the legs B--->C only for shipment creation.

The Shipment will not be created for the leg A--->B.

Comment

Sorry Murthy, there was a mistake in my earlier post, the Order Source location must be A and the destination location must be C.

Comment

Hi,

There is another alternate way in which you achieve this. But here also you cant have 3 stops in the shipment.

In your location A, you can mention your location B as substitute location.

The rate record and itinerary will have B as source and C as destination.

In order release, you can have your source location as A and destination location as C. Once you save your order release, OTM will automatically populate your location B as plan from location.

In shipment you will have B as stop1 and C as stop2.

Hrishikesh: Can you please give more information on how to acheive location A as stop1 ?

Regards,
                    Rajiv

Comment

Hi Hrishikesh,
                      I Have created an Order with Plan from as A, Source as B, and destination as C.
                      Itinerary: Loc to Loc (A to C), 2 legs, 1st Leg: A to B, 2nd Leg:B to C.
                      Rate Record : Loc to Loc and Source as B and Destination as C
                      I checked the panning parameter "Short Circuit Leg" as "True"
                      After setting up the above and when i planned for a Shipment, Shipment got created from Loc B to Loc C and there are only 2 Stops. How can i get three stops.

Regards,
                      Murthy

Comment

Hi Sujata,
                        I Have created an Order with Plan from as A, Source as B, and destination as C.
                        Itinerary: Loc to Loc (A to C), 2 legs, 1st Leg: A to B, 2nd Leg:B to C.
                        Rate Record : Loc to Loc and Source as B and Destination as C
                        I checked the panning parameter "Short Circuit Leg" as "True"
                        After setting up the above and when i planned for a Shipment, Shipment got created from Loc B to Loc C and there are only 2 Stops. How can i get three stops.
                        Regards,
                        Murthy

Comment

Working...
                        X