Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Trip (No of Equipments)

Hi,

While defining dynamic trip schedule, when the blank shipment is created the number of equipments assigned is one. Can this functionality meant only for a single vehicle's movement? or is there any way that we can assign /generate multiple equipments against the blank shipment.

Another question is that if we uncheck the equipment capacity then also OTM is attaching the orders which exceed the equipment capacity to the same shipment instead of failing it or generating new equipment ID's. (In itinerary-I have tried to fiddle with all these options -Consol into one ship multiequip/Consol into one equip with Equipment assignment types of No Equipment/Optimized equipment)

Please let me know if any setups needed for generating multiple equipments/restraining orders from getting planned when excess capacity has reached.

Regards,
    Vipin

Re: Dynamic Trip (No of Equipments)

Hi Vipin,

As per my understanding, a planned shipment in OTM is synonymous to one equipment only i.e. any shipment created via OTM planning engine cannot have more than one equipment.

Though more than one equipment can be assigned to one shipment; but that has to be done manually only. Planning engine cannot do so.
    Nipun Lakhotia
    Manager, EY

Comment

Hi Nipun,

Having a single equipment will not just serve the purpose. I was hoping that some one could provide a work around to this problem.

Regards,
      Vipin

Comment

Just FYI, the planning engine can create more than one equipment on a single shipment. This is controlled by the setting "Create Single Shipment" on the itinerary leg. I have used this many times.

The on-line help says "you can mark the Create Single Shipment check box to have Oracle Transportation Management create one shipment for the leg and assign multiple equipment. If you want to place multiple equipment on the same shipment, then you must select this check box".

I have not used this in conjunction with trip schedules. Let me know what you find out.

Comment

Thanks for the information. It was of great help.
          Nipun Lakhotia
          Manager, EY

Comment

If planning engine is allowed to create shipments with more than one equipment (using "Create Single Shipment" on the itinerary leg option), then there will be not limit on no. of equipments allowed on single shipment. In other words, there will always be one shipment for a given OR, irrespective of load(weight/volume) on that OR.

Scenario:
            Equipment: 500LB/100cuft

OR1: 1000LB/150cuft -----> 1 Shipment with 2 equipments
            OR2: 2000LB/200cuft -----> 1 Shipment with 4 equipments
            OR3: 4000LB/150cuft -----> 1 Shipment with 8 equipments

How to explain the above scenario?
            Nipun Lakhotia
            Manager, EY

Comment

Hi BMJ,
              Thanks for your reply. Problem with Single Shipment checkmark appears in case of fixed schedule(Dynamic trip/static trip), there multiple equipments are not getting generated because by default empty shipment has only one equipment. In case we are having the itinerary without the schedules then this option works fine .

I am as well thinking whether dynamic trip should be used for a fixed route to suggest no of equipments or not?

Regards,
              Vipin

Comment

Working...
              X