Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d load config PPS setup

hello.

i'm having problem on setting the 3d load engine.
    the load configurtions works good, but unfortunately it doesn't optimize correctly.

if someone had any succes with this can share the PPS setted...

into the shipunit how must be configured the Stack Below Orientation Profile ID?

thanks a lot for your help

Filippo

Re: 3d load config PPS setup

Hi Filippo,

PPS? You must create the Stack Below Orientation Profile ID baseed on your requirement (like lengthwise or widthwise) and attach the same to the ship unit specification..

kindly explain your query in detail for better understanding...
    Last edited by Vidya; May 26, 2009, 10:40. Reason: .
    Thanks,
    Vidya

Comment

Hi Filippo,

For load config to work properly, "Stack Below Orientation Profile ID" in ship unit is not required (not mandatory).

what do you mean by - load configuration works good?
      Nipun Lakhotia
      Manager, EY

Comment

hi Vidya, hi nipunlakhotia

PPS= planning parameter set.

I have tried different configuration for find the better way of consolidate the shipment:
        now I'm testing this:

load config 3d placement algorithm type= 1
        load config engine = 3d placement
        load config is swap algorithm use= true
        load config keeps like item together = true
        load config percent improvement = 1
        load config stacking height tollerance= 5 CM
        load config volume threshold = 1

as regards the ship units I have set them with stackable above and below flags, 2% of percentage of unsupported area and 2 orientation floor compatible "upright widthwise" and "upright lenghtwise" without specific stack below orientation profile.

these setting are quite good, but if I select load config keeps like item together = false I'm expecting that OTM will consolidate more the equipment type, but now if I use that setting OTM is splitting the order into two shipment and doesn't optimize the loading.
        this is why I would like to share my setups with someone that is working with this in order to understand if my values are correct or if there is something that can optimize better the configuration.
        As regards the not stackable shipments I have not set the stack below orientation profile, but I don't know the importance of this value and i don't know what change if i use it.
        thanks for your help
        Filippo

Comment

Hi Flippo,

Try giving Container optimization CONFIG id...and keep load config percent improvement,LOAD CONFIG VOLUME THRESHOLD as same as default.

kindly clarify the reason for setting LC swap algorithm use True?
          Thanks,
          Vidya

Comment

As per my knowledge the stack below orientation profile is define to check the compatability based on the top or bottom orientation set for the Item and also check with respect to the floor compatability of the item...
            Last edited by Vidya; May 26, 2009, 15:33. Reason: .
            Thanks,
            Vidya

Comment

Originally posted by vidya View Post
              As per my knowledge the stack below orientation profile is define to check the compatability based on the top or bottom orientation set for the Item and also check with respect to the floor compatability of the item...

so if i select this profile the ship unit will be stacked only over the defined profile?

if i want to leave to OTM the possibility to stack a little cartonbox over a normal pallet i need to leave it blank? is it correct?

thanks for your help!

Comment

Yes...OTM checks compatability and pick whichever is optimized Loading Orientation...
                Thanks,
                Vidya

Comment

just for your information...
                  i have tried to add a Loading Pattern ID into the shipunit details and the optimization is more efficient

Comment

Thank you for the info... will try the same...
                    Thanks,
                    Vidya

Comment

Working...
                    X