Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day-Of-Week Start

Hi

There is a user preference "Day-Of-Week Start " and is by default set to Sunday. The otjer option provided is Monday. How does this affect planning.I ran a few test cases. Basically planned orders with the user preference set as Sunday and then as Monday. There was no change in the output.

Thanks

Re: Day-Of-Week Start

Hi

Day-Of-Week-Start will affect your planning only if you use calendars with holidays (Sunday for ex) in shipment planning. In middle east Friday is a holiday and sunday is working day. For this you can set Day-Of-Week Start as Friday and create your calenders with friday holiday. Now plan the shipments you can see the difference...

Comment

While defining calendars, the Day field (which is a numeric value for the day in the cycle when a particular activity occurs) will be effected based on user preference -"Day-Of-Week-Start".
      Nipun Lakhotia
      Manager, EY

Comment

Exactly... You have hit the nail on it head nipun...

Comment

While defining a calendar we do give the following information

I would like this calendar's cycle to be "n" days long and begin at 12 midnight GMT, the morning of <date>

Would this not set the day of the week start?

I ran a few testcases with different scenarios and I did not see any change in my output with Day_of_week set as Sunday or as Monday.

Attached the results.

Also the Day_of_the_week Start can be set to either Sunday or Monday.Not sure if additional config is required to set it to Friday.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Surender,

In that case, this preference only governs how does a calender LOV looks while selecting dates from OTM user interface -new early pickup date etc.

It has only 2 options i.e. week starting with Sunday or Monday as these are universally accepted calendar formats.
            Nipun Lakhotia
            Manager, EY

Comment

I don't think this preference will have any effect on OTM planning.
              Nipun Lakhotia
              Manager, EY

Comment

Hi Surendar,

My interpretation is as below:

The "start day of week" decides the first day of calendar. say we selected it as 'Monday'.
                Now while defining Calendar you selected a date say 2-6-09 which is TUE.
                and calendar defined as below:

day1 perform
                day2 perform
                day3 perform
                day4 perform
                day5 perform
                day6 perform
                day7 closed

- Your "start day of week" governs Activates are performed from MON to SAT and will be closed on SUN.
                - If you want Friday to be weekly Holiday then in day5 - Closed and Day7 - Perform.
                - Your 'Calendar Date' will governs this calendar is applicable from TUE which is day2.
                So if today is TUE then only 6 days are remaining in current week. so "Start Day of week" governs that activites of DAY2 should get performed today and weekly holiday wil be on proper day i.e. SUN.

Regards,
                Rohit

Comment

Working...
                X