Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous Moves Bulk Plan Error

Hi Everyone,

We are working on a scenario for continuous moves.

The scenario is as follows:

A to B -- Shipment 1
    B to C -- Deadhead Shipment
    C to D -- Shipment 2

When we select the shipments and link them manually, OTM builds CM shipments with absolutely no issues.

However when we try and bulk plan them we get the same error again n again no matter wat we do.
    (We have done all the necessary changes in the parameter sets for OTM to automatically plan orders into CM shipments)

An error occurred during bulkplan processing. (bulkPlanPK=TCS.20090603-0009) An error occurred during bulkplan processing. Bulk Plan ID: TCS.20090603-0009 java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException at glog.business.action.CMActionExecutor.linkShipment s(CMActionExecutor.java:332) at glog.business.action.CMActionExecutor.autoCreateCo ntinuousMove(CMActionExecutor.java:1181) at glog.business.action.CMActionExecutor.autoCreateCo ntinuousMove(CMActionExecutor.java:1082) at glog.business.consolidation.bulkplan.OrderPlanner. bulkPlan(OrderPlanner.java:486) at glog.business.action.order.OrderActions.planUnassi gnedOrders(OrderActions.java:825) at glog.business.action.order.BulkPlanActionExecutor. planOrders(BulkPlanActionExecutor.java:25 at glog.business.action.order.BulkPlanActionExecutor. planOrders(BulkPlanActionExecutor.java:113) at glog.business.session.OrderActionSessionBean.planO rders(OrderActionSessionBean.java:980) at glog.business.session.OrderActionSessionServerSide EJBWrapper.planOrders(OrderActionSessionServerSide EJBWrapper.java:1026) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor603.invoke(Unkn own Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.joinpoint.EJBJ oinPointImpl.invoke(EJBJoinPointImpl.java:35) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.InvocationCont extImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:119) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.system.DMSInte rceptor.invoke(DMSInterceptor.java:52) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.InvocationCont extImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:119) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.system.TxNotSu pportedInterceptor.invoke(TxNotSupportedIntercepto r.java:43) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.InvocationCont extImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:119) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.system.Securit yRoleInterceptor.invoke(SecurityRoleInterceptor.ja va:47) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.InvocationCont extImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:119) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.system.DMSInte rceptor.invoke(DMSInterceptor.java:52) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.InvocationCont extImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:119) at com.evermind.server.ejb.InvocationContextPool.invo ke(InvocationContextPool.java:55) at com.evermind.server.ejb.StatelessSessionEJBObject. OC4J_invokeMethod(StatelessSessionEJBObject.java:8 7) at OrderActionSessionHome_RemoteProxy_6iid3ag.planOrd ers(Unknown Source) at glog.server.workflow.adhoc.BulkPlan.executeOrder(B ulkPlan.java:65) at glog.server.workflow.adhoc.BulkPlan.execute(BulkPl an.java:49) at glog.server.workflow.SimpleWorkflow.execute(Simple Workflow.java:23) at glog.server.workflow.WorkflowSessionBean.execute(W orkflowSessionBean.java:64) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor532.invoke(Unkn own Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.joinpoint.EJBJ oinPointImpl.invoke(EJBJoinPointImpl.java:35) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.InvocationCont extImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:119) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.system.DMSInte rceptor.invoke(DMSInterceptor.java:52) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.InvocationCont extImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:119) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.system.TxNotSu pportedInterceptor.invoke(TxNotSupportedIntercepto r.java:43) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.InvocationCont extImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:119) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.system.Securit yRoleInterceptor.invoke(SecurityRoleInterceptor.ja va:47) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.InvocationCont extImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:119) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.system.DMSInte rceptor.invoke(DMSInterceptor.java:52) at com.evermind.server.ejb.interceptor.InvocationCont extImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:119) at com.evermind.server.ejb.InvocationContextPool.invo ke(InvocationContextPool.java:55) at com.evermind.server.ejb.StatelessSessionEJBObject. OC4J_invokeMethod(StatelessSessionEJBObject.java:8 7) at workflow_WorkflowSession_NonTransactional_RemotePr oxy_mkgm02.execute(Unknown Source) at glog.server.workflow.WorkflowManager.execute(Workf lowManager.java:341) at glog.server.workflow.Trigger.trigger(Trigger.java: 123) at glog.util.event.MemoryEventQueueRunnable.processEv ent(MemoryEventQueueRunnable.java:141) at glog.util.event.MemoryEventQueueRunnable.run(Memor yEventQueueRunnable.java:96) at glog.util.event.EventThread.run(EventThread.java:8 2) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Melroy

Re: Continuous Moves Bulk Plan Error

Hi Melroy,

I hope following setups have been done correctly to simulate continuous move scenario:-
    • All CM related Planning Parameters
    • CM Accessorial cost - If "Shipment participation in Continuous Move tour" is equal to true, then -25$ per shipment
    • Rate Offering type TL; Fill details in "CM Rule Data" Tab
    • Rate record for normal lanes: rate cost and CM accessorial
    • Rate Record for dead head: If "Shipment participation in Continuous Move tour" is equal to false AND "Shipment total no. of orders" is equal to zero then, 40$ per shipment

Bulk plan give correct results only if all setups and configuration required for continuous move are correct.
    Nipun Lakhotia
    Manager, EY

Comment

Hi Nipun,

Thanks a lot for ur inputs. Ive checked n re-checked my setup.
      This is what ive done:
      1 Shipment participation in CM = false and ive set charges
      2 Shipment participation in CM =1 or 2 and ive set charges accordingly
      3 Rate offering CM rules et
      4 Plannning paramter sets enabled for CM

Now the the catch is when i link shipments manually the CM builds fine showing an overall cost saving of $20.

But when I try and Bulk plan the same shipments i get that dreaded error java.lang.NullPointerException.

I guess if something was wrong with my setup, the manual step should have also failed. Im all lost.

Is there anything else I maybe missing?

Regards,
      Melroy.

Comment

Are you giving any early/late pickup date in your order releases? If no, please give some values there and re-test your scenario using Bulk plan.
        Nipun Lakhotia
        Manager, EY

Comment

Hi,

When you link the shipments manually, you could have checked in 'Override Continuous move rules'. This will not apply the rules which you have defined in your rate offering and link the shipments with out any error.

But when you bulk plan, OTM checks your CM rules defined in rate offering and planning parameter.

Kindly check that if you have not done!

-Rajiv

Comment

Hi

In reference to the previous reply to this thread, i would like to add my idea. There was a suggestion on providing pick up and delivery dates in the order prior to planning.

Provide pick up and dely time in such a way that the difference betweenm early / late delivery time of order O1 and early / late pick up time of order O2 is equal to the service time of dead haul.

I tried this way and i was able to achieve CM tour automatically.
            I go with an assumption that you have defined CM rules in rate offering, rate records for each movement and enabled CM tour planning parameters.

Thanks and Regards
            Pradeep

Comment

Working...
            X