Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to plan 2 leg from different itinerary into a multistop shipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to plan 2 leg from different itinerary into a multistop shipment?

Criteria:

1) I am using a multileg itinerary, thus the multistop checkbox is unticked
    2) I have 2 itineraries, of which the last leg for both itineraries are the same
    3) I have 4 legs in the 2 itineraries.
    4) I am using Order Movement
    5) I have 2 Order Releases, both of which are planned into a total of 8 Order Movements.
    6) Itinerary 1: A to B to C to D to E
    7) Itinerary 2: E to F to C to D to G
    I am able to consolidate the 3rd leg from C to D.
    9) However I am unable to consolidate the last leg into a multi-stop shipment from D to E to G; it plans into 2 separate shipments: D to E and D to G
    10) Capacity is definitely not a problem, and 1 shipment is definitely cheaper than 2 shipments for the last leg.

Anyone can help? Appreciate!

Re: Any way to plan 2 leg from different itinerary into a multistop shipment?

Hi,

As per my understanding, if 2 order are being planned using 2 different itineraries, then resulting shipments cannot be consolidated into one.

In other words, for consolidation opportunity, all resulting shipments should use same itinerary only.
    Nipun Lakhotia
    Manager, EY

Comment

Hi,

This is not true. shipments using different itinerary can be consolidated into one. I have done that, but the criteria is you need to plan using Order Movement.

Any one else can help? Thanks a lot as this is pretty urgent.

Comment

Sorry, I missed Order movement concept.

If you are planning through order movements, then it should definitely work. Just check start and end time of order movements are compatible or not.
        Nipun Lakhotia
        Manager, EY

Comment

Start time is exactly the same. For end time, since I'm trying to do a multistop, it is different and should be different.

Did I miss out anything?

Comment

Hi,

are your rates allowing a multistop ? There's 2 ways to do it, one is the "proper" way, creating a real MS-rate (dont forget to put th RateOffer in the power-data), or you try allowing it more then 1 stop in the RO/RR itself.

What you can do to quick get to the problem is to "merge" the shipments and see what the log says; in addition to that you can try a "force merge" and see if the timing/costing makes sense.

Rgds
            Oliver

Comment

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry but what is meant by "RO/RR allowing multistop"? Is there any field in RO/RR where I need to enter a value to make it multistop?

Comment

Yepp, on Rate Offer you have some fields for that on the top of "Attributes", which determines the number of stops incl. in the RR.

Rgds
                Oliver

Comment

Hi
                  I was trying a similar scenario, but with limited success. When i went through the OTM 5.5 CU4 RCD, it said that bundling of order movements across itineraries is possible manually and not through bulk planning as mentioned below.

"Order Movement Consolidation. This enhancement relaxes the constraint that multiple order movements consolidated into a single shipment belong to the same itinerary leg and have a common leg position number. With this enhancement, order movements that belong to different itinerary legs and with different leg positions can be manually consolidated. For example, an order movement corresponding to the pickup drayage leg into the departure port can be consolidated with another order movement corresponding to the delivery drayage leg out of that same port to form an efficient backhaul move. The user will be given the option to ignore these restrictions for manual order movement planning actions. Note that Bulk planning logic will still honor these restrictions."

I understand from this thread, you were able to acheive order movement consolidation, if you could share your approach will be of great use to me.

thanks in advance
                  Pradeep

Comment

Working...
                  X