Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anyway OTM can auto-select itinerary based on total bulk-planned volume?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyway OTM can auto-select itinerary based on total bulk-planned volume?

I would like OTM to select itinerary A if total bulk-planned volume is > 10 CBM and itinerary B if total bulk-planned volume is <=10 CBM. Note that what I am looking for here is with respect to the total bulk-planned/shipment volume, not the individual order releases volume.

The Min/Max Vol in Itinerary is pertaining to Order Releases Vol and not Shipment Vol.

Is there anyway I can set this constraints or do this?

Appreciate your help.

Re: Is there anyway OTM can auto-select itinerary based on total bulk-planned volume?

Hi,

One way could be restricting rates based on shipment volume, and there by restricting associated itineraries
    Nipun Lakhotia
    Manager, EY

Comment

Re: Is there anyway OTM can auto-select itinerary based on total bulk-planned volume?

Sounds like a chicken and egg scenario...

First question: Why select a different itinerary based on the total bulk plan volume? It could very well be that your business scenario can be dealt with in a different (easier) way in OTM.

One way of solving your scenario is to have the orders available for bulk plan analysed (i.e. check if sum of volumes > 10 CBM) and assign an itinerary based on the result. So, assuming you run your bulk plan automatically in the morning using an order release saved query, you can set up another process 10 minutes earlier that starts an agent for a single order of that same query, calculates the total volume of all orders, and then updates the buy itinerary for those orders. Note however that you may not always get the expected result, as some orders may not be planned on shipments. Also, if you want to run the bulk plan manually, my solution won't work either.

If you describe the business scenario you want to solve using OTM, we may be able to help you better.

Lourens

Comment

Originally posted by nipunlakhotia View Post
        Hi,

One way could be restricting rates based on shipment volume, and there by restricting associated itineraries
        Hi,

May I know how can you restrict rate based on Shipment Volume?

Comment

On both Rate Offering and Rate Record you can specify the min and max volume for which it can create shipments.

However, this won't help you for your scenario, as you want to restrict by the total volume of all shipments in your bulk plan, and not by the individual shipment volumes.

Lourens

Comment

Originally posted by LourensGlog View Post
            On both Rate Offering and Rate Record you can specify the min and max volume for which it can create shipments.

However, this won't help you for your scenario, as you want to restrict by the total volume of all shipments in your bulk plan, and not by the individual shipment volumes.

Lourens
            Oh no, I just want to restrict individual shipment volume, meaning the total volume in ONE shipment. The Min/Max Volume in Itinerary is related to 1 Order Release Volume. Is the Min/Max Volume in Rates related to Shipment Volume and not Order Volume?

Comment

I think I get what you mean now. It would be useful if you describe your business scenario or give an example of what you want to achieve.

From OTM Online Help:

Itinerary Parameters
              # Use the Minimum Volume constraint to identify the minimum volume that a shipment must have to use this itinerary.
              # Use the Maximum Volume constraint to identify the maximum volume that a shipment must have to use this itinerary.
              This is what you need, correct?

Comment

Working...
              X