Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion for getting commitments on full loads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for getting commitments on full loads.

Currently we are running bulk plans for regions. Let's say for example we are planning for a region and we have 3000 cubes of freight that we need to plan for that region. For the type of freight we only 2800 cubes will fit on a shipment. So when we run the bulk plan we have it creating shipment #1 approx 2800 cubes and shipment #2 with approx 200 cubes. Then we choose to execute on shipment #1 and use the freight on shipment #2 at a later time when there is more volume.

Ok we have this working pretty well...here is our problem. Commitments. Usually we have at least one commitment (has to be there Tues @ 8am) per 3000 cubes. Well on the above example sometimes it will put the commitment on the 200 cube shipment. Which sense it is a commitment we don't want to wait to ship it later. We totally understand why it does this. But are there any suggestions as to how to try to get the commitment on the full truck.

Re: Suggestion for getting commitments on full loads.

Hi Thopper

Write an agent with a saved condition for checking the Total gross weight of the shipment equal to the s_equipment. If it is greater than or equal then do the action update actual commitment and allocation.

Revert back if any help needed.

Rgds
    Uppili

Comment

Ensure to deactivate the public agent Update Capacity Allocation, else two agents will act at the same time...

Comment

Thanks for the reply Uppili

But I'm trying to understand exactly what you are suggesting.

I'm going to create an agent that looks at total volume of shipment vs total volume of s_equipment. Which on s_equipment all I see is load_config_volume which I don't see that it is set when I look at the shipments we have out there now.

Then this agent will do the action of update actual commitment and allocation.

What I don't really understand is how will this cause commitments to be on full trucks. Because all I think I see it doing is making sure commitments are hit on the shipments it builds.

However it's totally possible I don't understand.

Comment

Sorry thopper.. I think i got you wrongly... Here your requirement is to send 200 cubes along with 2800 cubes at times when you dont want to wait for some more volumes to aggregate... OR
          You need to increase your commitment count to service providers only if you send a full truck of load(2800)..

My earliest reply is the solution for the later requirement i mentioned.

Comment

Working...
          X