• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order priority

Hi all,

Can you please help me in this scenario

There are 2 order releases:
    1) OR 1 - EPD:6/09/2009 LPD: 8/09/2009 (weight:1000LB)
    2) OR 2 - EPD:5/09/2009 LPD: 7/09/2009 (weight:1000LB)

Capacity limit for each day is 1 truck (weight:1000LB)and the orders weights are such that only order 1 can get planned.

Assuming bulk plan will run at 7/09/2009. Presently, Orders are getting picked up on a random basis. Planning engine sometimes plans OR1/OR2 into the shipment.

Question: How do we achieve order priority such that orders with shorter time window get planned first?

Expected result: OR2 should get planned as the the LPD for OR2 is 7th Sep.OR1 still has 1 day left when it can get planned.
    Nipun Lakhotia
    Manager, EY

Re: Order priority

The way to manage this is to select only the orders you want to be planned for the bulk plan. So if you run it on 7/09, you should use a saved query that selects LPD <= Today
    Last edited by LourensGlog; September 7, 2009, 16:31. Reason: Typo

Comment

Thanks LourensGlog!

What if we run it on 7/09, using saved query that selects LPD <= Today and resulting shipment still has some capacity left to accommodate some more orders?

How to assign orders (with LPD>=today), if there exists some extra space after initial bulk plan - it will be a manual action only??

Nipun Lakhotia
      Manager, EY

Comment

Hi Nipun,

What I would do is (manually) update the bulk plan results, and OTM is not very user friendly for this IMHO.

To do so, select the 8/09 orders that would fit on a planned shipment with capacity left, then select the orders on that planned shipment, and then run a bulk plan for all those orders. This should give you your manually 'optimized' shipment.

There may be easier ways to do this, but I am not familiar with those.

Lourens

Comment

Thanks for the approach.

But I am looking for some automatic approach with minimal manual intervention.

Is there any field/parameter in OTM5.5that provides some priority to orders while planning?
          [Something like Order priority in OTM 6.0]
          Nipun Lakhotia
          Manager, EY

Comment

The mere fact that Order Priority is introduced in 6.0 means that it wasn't available in 5.5

I am interested to see some results of the new 6.0 feature: I noticed it involves a dozen parameter settings, so it could be quite hard to find the setting that fits your needs

Comment

Working...
            X