Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any parameter in itinerary or planning to prevent consolidation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any parameter in itinerary or planning to prevent consolidation?

Hi,

I have 2 orders going from the same origin and destination, A to B.

I would like to bulk plan them, yet I do not want them to be consolidated into 1 shipment.

I am not allowed to set any constraints in the order itself. Is there any parameter in itinerary or planning parameter that i can set to prevent them from consolidating?

I have unchecked the multistop checkbox and set consol type in leg to "No Autoconsolidation" but it doesnt' work.

Re: Is there any parameter in itinerary or planning to prevent consolidation?

Hi Yeowleng,

Just a question that might help me..
    Do you use a rate offering and/or an equipment type/group in your solution.
    The reason I ask is that its possible to make some adjustments in these to get the desired results you mentioned above.

ps I'm on version 5.0

Let us know..

Thanks

Peter

Comment

What you describe is called Order Bundling in OTM. There is a planning parameter that specifies the minimum bundling weight: if you have two small orders both going from A to B, OTM will bundle them and treat it is one single order during the bulk plan process. If you make the bundling parameter very small, OTM will treat them as separate orders during planning.

Comment

Hi,

1) Yes I am using a rate offering
        2) I am not using Equipment, however suggestions on this welcome
        3) I know about the Order bundling minimum weight/volume, but if my orders are e.g 5CBM (I need to select ALL orders to do bulk plan), but i have set it to be 1CBM, does it allow me to do bulk plan? I think it does not allow.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Kindly explain the reason in order to have two separate shipments...
          Thanks,
          Vidya

Comment

Setting Order bundling minimum volume to 1 CBM allows you to Bulk Plan

Comment

Hi,

Be aware that if you are using a multi-stop itin, the bundling parameters may not help as multi-stop algorythm may merge the two shipments into a single shipment.
              Rob van Haaster

MavenWire Europe
              www.MavenWire.com

Comment

HI in order base constraints tab you have have feild "Bundling Type" .If you select "Do Not Bundle", it will prevent orders that would naturally bundle together from being built on to the same shipment.

Comment

Working...
                X