Order Multistop Consolidation does not work if Lookup Rate Service is used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order Multistop Consolidation does not work if Lookup Rate Service is used

If I use Lookup Rate Service in the Rate Offering, my 3 orders do not consolidate into 1 shipment, however if i change to Simulation Rate Service, the 3 orders manage to consolidate into 1 shipment.

Anyone has any experience in this? Appreciate your help.

Re: Order Multistop Consolidation does not work if Lookup Rate Service is used

Hi Yeowleng,

As per my understanding, OTM looks for all possible lane combinations in case of "Look up" rate service for a multi stop shipment. OTM builds more shipments instead of one multi-stop shipment, if you dont have all possible lanes.

Have you created lanes between all your locations? OTM will drive the shipment based on the lane combinations. In simulation, planning can estimate the distance between all locations, where as in look up, OTM expects lanes & distance between all locations.

If you can explain your scenario, we can narrow down further.

Regards,
    Rajiv
    Last edited by Sachin; September 25, 2009, 11:53. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi,

My Scenario:

3 Orders going from City A to City B, but they are of different origin and destination locations.

In my Lookup Rate Service, I created a Lane from City A to City B, with a transit time of 2 days. In terms of Rate Distance, I am using Estimate, thus I am not creating any Rate Distance, but am using Lat/Long in Locations.

Did I miss out anything? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi,

As per OTM help, OTM searches for distance in rate distance table, if you use a Lookup rate service.

What I guess is, OTM expects rate distance between your city A and city B even if you use Estimate and Lat/Long. Can you try giving the rate distance once and check whether it works?

Originally posted by yeowleng View Post
        Lookup

Lookup is used when a service time duration is defined by lane or rate zone. OTM searches for the requested distance in the rate distance table.

Comment

LOOKUP rate service can work with Lat/Long (ESTIMATE) rate distance.

I think the problem should be no lane is defined for city B to city B for multistop.
          --
          Joseph Liang
          MavenWire APAC
          http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

You're right! cool!

Comment

Working...
            X