Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itinerary and Multistop Issues

Hello,

We've hit an issue that I'm sure other orgs must've hit before. We ship to some consignment/non consign locations that are different customer numbers (locations), but the same phyiscal location. We set up 3 itineraries to allow for this (LTL, LTL consign, and NON_LTL) We had to do this because we didn't want Multistop LTL to different customers. (if they were in the same city it would consolidate them). But we did want multistop LTL on consignment (because it was really 1 stop).

We now cannot plan something that plans on an LTL itinerary as TL - and oracle is saying that it is working as designed. Our issue is if we have something that is too large for an LTL we need it to go on TL - but OTM doesn't see size right now.

Any ideas how to get this to work - either to work under 1 itin or to allow for mode changes?

Re: Itinerary and Multistop Issues

Sorry, I don't understand your scenario. Could you clarify with an example?

Comment

If we have something that is 20,000 lbs it doesn't meet our 25k lbs minimum for TL. It plans to LTL itin - it could be too large for LTL and needs to be on TL - but the itin constrains it to LTL - so it doesn't allow a change.

I'm not sure if that part needed further explanation or the way we have it set up.

Comment

I forgot to mention that we can manually change service provider and carrier, but that will break the ebs integration back.

Comment

I've found a solution.
          We had an old itinerary that covered all modes - I just changed this itinerary to manual instead of inactive, and now they can select this itinerary manually when the need arises.

Comment

I wouldn't put a 25klbs constraint on the TL itin anyway. There may be reasons why you want a 10 klbs load shipped by TL instead of LTL, because the service time is better.

Comment

Turns out my solution didn't work. For some reason manually picking itineraries didn't always work.
              As far as leaving the weight constraints off the TL itinerary, we found that OTM randomly picks any valid itinerary that matches the criteria and then plans it based on low cost (how we have it set up). Unfortunately, our LTL shipments met the TL criteria without the weight constraint, and planned TL which was more expensive.
              Continuing to find a solution...

Comment

You should design your itineraries with care. OTM uses itineraries as a kind of preselection, to ensure that the bulk plan only considers the options that are valid for that itinerary: once it has selected an itinerary, it can't go back. Typical reasons to have several itineraries is different modes: when you want to ship something by rail, you don't want OTM to check all road rates as well.

TL and LTL should be in the same itinerary, because you want OTM to compare those rates.

Comment

Working...
                X