This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] Shipments Not Shown in Bulk Plan Results Screen

Has anyone else experienced the following?

We are using OTM v5.5.3.6 on a Windows 2003 platform.

Not all the time, but most of the time, our planners will report that they are not able to view the shipments that were created when they ran a bulk plan. When the bulk plan results screen appears, they click on the number under Shipments Built and a new screen opens. Even though it says that at least one shipment was built, the new screen says that there are 0 Shipments to Display. Other times, it works fine and this screen shows any shipments that were just created in the bulk plan. When it does not work, the planners must go and search for the shipments that were created in the bulk plan (and yes, they are created).

I cannot seem to find any pattern in this and it does not seem to be related to the number of orders being planned. I have checked the logs when this happens and nothing in them points to this issue.

If you have seen this before, can you please provide an explanation or resolution?

Thanks,

Carm

Re: Shipments Not Shown in Bulk Plan Results Screen

I've seen it before, but during a period of buggyness in OTM.
    When we see it, it is the failed planning number - it'll have a few but you click and there is nothing.
    Ours is different, in that there are actually no fails.

Comment

I've seen it as well, mainly for large bulk plans, and also not reproducible. A reason could be that you try to view the shipments immediately after the BP is finished, and not all shipments are persisted properly in the database yet.

Comment

I've tried this a number of different ways - with single orders and with many orders. Like you said, it is not reproducible and even if one person tries on their computer and fails, the same cannot be said for another user trying the same orders to bulk plan. I have let the bulk plan results window appear and sit there for a while before clicking on the view shipments but it still happens.

I have opened an SR with Oracle on this one and I will update this thread when I get some feedback from them.

Comment

I also had the same problem logged in Metalink for 5.5 CU5
          And the issue not always happened to large bulk plans.
          Because Oracle could not replicate the issue, at the end we removed the hyperlink from bulkplan/ViewBulkPlanResults.xsl to hide the problem - ostrichism
          Last edited by josephliang; October 10, 2009, 04:53.
          --
          Joseph Liang
          MavenWire APAC
          http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

I opened an SR with Oracle and they tell me that they have reproduced this issue on their side. They are investigating this on their side and will update me when they have some new information.

Comment

I had an OWC with Oracle this week to show them what I am seeing. The took some logs and said they will look into this.

Comment

I'm currently experiencing a bulk plan that had no start date and picked up 0 orders. Opened an SR as this is the second or third time we've experienced this since go live.

Comment

According to Oracle Support, this issue has been fixed at the CU04 base level. I did not see any release notes referring directly to this issue but I will close this thread based on Support's recommendation to upgrade to a new level (which we plan to do in early 2010).

Comment

Working...
                  X