Clubbing of two itineraries.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clubbing of two itineraries.....

We have a scenario to have the shipments built as below in the expected result......

The order releases are as below -
    Order Release 1 - Location A to B
    Order Release 2 - Location A to C
    Order Release 3 - Location A to X

Expected Result -
    All these orders should go through a transhipment location X (Deconsolidation pool), so the expected shipments are as below -
    Shipment 1 with lane as A to X (first leg) which should include all the 3 order release till location X
    Shipment 2 with lane as X to B (second leg) which should include only Order Release 1
    Shipment 3 with lane as X to C (second leg) which should include only Order Release 2

However with the configurations as below I get the following shipments created -
    Shipment 1 with lane as A to X which includes only Order Release 1 and 2
    Shipment 2 with lane as X to B which should include only Order Release 1
    Shipment 3 with lane as X to C which should include only Order Release 2
    Shipment 4 with lane as again A to X which includes Order Release 3

Itinerary configuration is as below -

Source - Destination Geo Heirarchy - Location A to region 'REGION01' including location B and C
    Itinerary Type - multileg type

Leg 1 -
    - Value for Location Field (Search for Step 2) is defined as location X and location role as 'Shipfrom/Shipto'
    - Equipment Assignment type is 'Optimize Equipment'
    - Auto Consolidation Type - 'Consol into one equpment'
    - Mode profile - LTL

Leg 2
    - XDock field defined as location X
    - Equipment Assignment type is 'Optimize Equipment'
    - Auto Consolidation Type - 'Consol into one equpment'
    - Mode profile - TL

I have the Rate Offering and Rate Record defined for each legs and all legs are served by same service provider too..

With above configuration it is clear that X is notthere in my Itinerary's Destination Geo Hierarchy so I included location 'X' in the region 'REGION01'

Even after this I cannot use this same itinerary as the legs are not appropriate for the shipment to get build from A to X.
    Due to this I created another itinerary for A to X, however due to this I get a separate shipment i.e. Shipment No. 4.

I am looking for a single Shipment as Shipment 1 in Expected result instead of separate shipment 1 and 4 as the business process here demands for it. Is there a way both the itineraries can be clubbed together to achieve the expected shipments?

Please let me know if any of you on the forum has encountered such a scenario and how did they resolve this issue.

-Thanks,
    Suresh

Re: Clubbing of two itineraries.....

The above scenario was resolved by setting the Planning Parameter 'short circuit leg' in Multi-tier section to true and with single itinerary i.e. Only one itinerary is configured to handle this scenario...
    The second itinerary which I created for lane A to X is kept inactive.

Now I get the shipments planned as required in the expected result said before...

Comment

Working...
    X