Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hold as Late as Possible planning parameter does not work when early Pick date exists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold as Late as Possible planning parameter does not work when early Pick date exists

I am trying to use the "hold as late as possible" planning parameter.

I manage to make it work, if I have the late pickup date in my orders, and early pickup date is blank. Is this supposed to work this way?

However for some reason, I need to have the early pickup date in my orders, but I would like the shipment start date to adhere to the late pickup dates in the orders, with "Hold as late as possible" set to true.

With both early pickup date and late pickup date, my planning ignores the late pickup date and "hold as late as possible", and shipment starts at the early pickup date.

Appreciate your help! thank you!

Re: Hold as Late as Possible planning parameter does not work when early Pick date ex

You might want to try adjusting the Date Emphasis on Constraints tab of the Orders. Set it to DELV and see if that helps.

Comment

Re: Hold as Late as Possible planning parameter does not work when early Pick date ex

Not sure what your requirement is. You could also try putting Compute Shipment Window as true instead of Hold as late as possible. Compute shipment window looks at late delv date for planning but if you have a late pickup, it will start the shipment at the late pickup date.

Regards,
      Anirban Roy

Comment

thanks for your replies! I realise the reason why this parameter doesn't work is because i have set the parameter "Container optimization searching window days" to 0. Once I set it to 1, it works, and my multistop consolidation works fine, but I encounter another issue where OTM ignores the equipment group effective volume capacity, meaning e.g a total of 60 CBM is consol into a 32 CBM equipment group.

Does anyone know why by setting "Container optimization searching window days" to 1, OTM will ignore the equipment group effective volume??

Comment

Working...
        X