Adding a New Order to Tender-Accepted Shipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a New Order to Tender-Accepted Shipment

This is not a bug but am looking to see if anyone has any suggestions for a better workaround than what we are currently doing with this.

We do a lot of order consolidations here which is the main purpose of our business. It is common for us to consolidate 15-20 orders either all from the same customer or various different customers. Sometimes we run into a situation where we have planned all the orders onto one shipment but there may still be some room left over. Regardless, we will tender the shipment to the carrier (who accepts it) because at the time of processing the tender, there were no other orders that logically fit onto the shipment. This can happen every week but sometimes (maybe 2x per week) we will get a late order from one of our customers that will fit on this already-tendered shipment. If it is determined that adding the order to the shipment makes financial sense, then the planner will withdraw the tender, unassign the orders and then re-run a bulk plan for all the orders plus the new one. The shipment is created without issue and everything until this point works fine.

The issue we have is that there will be multiple stops for the shipment (sometimes as much as one stop for each order) and each stop has an appointment time that was set up between the planner and either the customer or consignee. The planner already went in to the original tendered shipment and modified the stops with the correct appointment times. However, now that the original shipment has been removed and a new one (with the new order) created, the planner must once again go in and update each stop's appointment time. When we have 15-20 different orders on a shipment, this can become quite time consuming. We have gotten to the point that we will estimate the time it will take a planner to complete this process and determine if adding the extra order will save enough money to account for the time spent making this change on our side.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions about this, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks.

Re: Adding a New Order to Tender-Accepted Shipment

Hi,
    Have you tried adding the new Order Release to the Shipment using the below actions?

Manually Assign to Existing Shipment
    Move Order to Existing Shipment

With these actions, u need not create a new shipment.

Regards
    Hrishikesh Mhatre
    7HBS
    Regards
    Hrishikesh Mhatre

Comment

Hi Hrishikesh, how do I use these Actions? Do I select the Order and then find this under the ACTIONS menu?

If so, I am not seeing these options.

Thanks

CS

Comment

Forget my last reply. I found these under the Create Buy Shipment option.

Can you tell me what the difference between Manually Assign to Existing Shipment and
        Move Order to Existing Shipment is?

Comment

Hi CS,

Manually Assign to Existing Shipment --> Use this action to manually move an order release onto an existing shipment. This action does not unassign existing orders from a shipment or change the shipment structure other than adding order ship units to matching shipment stops and equipment. (Source: OTM help)

Move Order to Existing Shipment --> this is not a feasible option in your case as the shipment will be replanned with the new order and earlier orders will be unassigned.

Regards
          Hrishikesh
          7HBS
          Regards
          Hrishikesh Mhatre

Comment

Just a note, the order you are trying to move to the tendered shipment must be in an unassigned status prior to using the manually assign to existing shipment.

Comment

Working...
            X