Planning Bulk Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning Bulk Mail

Does anyone have any experience with planning bulk mail through OTM and consolidation? Does anyone have any pointers or tips to share about that process?

The freight is very dynamic and we are finding that some processes are quite cumbersome in OTM.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Planning Bulk Mail

What do you mean with 'planning bulk mail'? Are you sending a lot of emails?

Comment

Chris - are you referring to Parcel? If so, you're right - this can be cumbersome in OTM. It's one of the reasons they moved toward Kewill integration in v6.x.

It can be done, however, but rate setup and maintenance isn't easy.

--Chris

Comment

We are consolidating bulk mail (catalogues, mass mailing, etc.) at a warehouse and then sending it via TL to deconsolidation points. We have some processes worked out but again it is cumbersome and I was just looking for any pointers from someone who may have worked with this type of logisitcs before.

It is dynamic in that we are putting freight onto the shipment and taking freight off of the shipment up unto the moment that it is leaving the dock.

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

You have to ask yourself what the reason is to manage the TL shipments in OTM: Track & Trace, transport costs, equipment optimisation?

If I understand correct what you are saying, the warehouse is manually 'optimising' the shipments up until the final minute, so I assume that visibility and optimisation is not required in OTM.

Always consider the option while modeling logistics business processes in OTM, that sometimes the best option is to not model it in OTM at all.

Comment

Working...
          X