Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTM Manual Planning (for Multistop)

Hi everyone,

I would like to be able to manually consolidate two orders with different pickup and delivery locations into 1 shipment.

Because of business requirements, we need to use the MANUAL action when creating the shipment because the user would like to manually enter the Equipment Group and Service Provider.

However, while the MANUAL action works for multiple orders selected with the same Pickup and Delivery locations in that the orders all plan into 1 shipment, I am unable to get the system to plan multiple orders with different Pickup and Delivery locations together into 1 shipment.

I tried setting the Plan From / To locations to be the same for the multiple orders and they work but the resulting single shipment shows the Plan From / To locations instead of the actual locations on the orders.

Is there a way to get the system to accept multiple orders into 1 shipment when doing MANUAL planning?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Ian

Re: OTM Manual Planning (for Multistop)

Ian,

We do this often for customer routed freight. I have two planning parameter sets and two itineraries with the planning set setup as the default. The itinerary is also set to manual. When I know the customer, I have an agent that adds the manual itinerary. For everything else, I use the Actions > Multi-stop option (no bulk plan) and the offering and record are selected that allow multi-stop. If using CzarLite this would never work since the ship-to id's are different. The servprov used in our case are collect carriers so they are setup as a TL.

Can't guarantee this is the most optimal way to make it work, but it works for us today. Do note that my default parameter uses rate distance of PC Miler and not Estimate which affects performance but it helped reduced issues with incorrect lat/lons.

Hope this helps. Henry

Comment

Originally posted by blumhe View Post
      Ian,

We do this often for customer routed freight. I have two planning parameter sets and two itineraries with the planning set setup as the default. The itinerary is also set to manual. When I know the customer, I have an agent that adds the manual itinerary. For everything else, I use the Actions > Multi-stop option (no bulk plan) and the offering and record are selected that allow multi-stop. If using CzarLite this would never work since the ship-to id's are different. The servprov used in our case are collect carriers so they are setup as a TL.

Can't guarantee this is the most optimal way to make it work, but it works for us today. Do note that my default parameter uses rate distance of PC Miler and not Estimate which affects performance but it helped reduced issues with incorrect lat/lons.

Hope this helps. Henry
      Dear Henry,

Thanks for this! I have a few clarifications:

1) By setting the itinerary to manual, I am assuming that you set the Buy Fixed Itinerary in the Order Release constraints tab - so that all orders for that customer has that itinerary in the constraints. However, form the OTM help, it says that for Create Buy Shipment > Manual, it does not evaluate itineraries when building a manual shipment.

2) Could you please kindly elaborate more about "two planning parameter sets and two itineraries with the planning set setup as the default" ? Are you referring to Planning Group setting under Order Release - Other Attributes?

Thanks and Best Regards,
      Ian

Comment

Ian,
        1-Correct, I force them on the itinerary through an agent and add the itinerary. if you are running manual it only considers the main itinerary. You can also separate based on payment terms OR you could use different equipment set on the itinerary and create an itinerary for these orders.

2-. THe planning parameters, which is what I use, have one set to default out of route miles/perc distance to allow m/s shipments that may not make a lot of sense but it is customer routed freight. This is the default so it works with actions > manual. The second itinerary - not default - is used by bulk plans that do not need to adhere to the m/s logic.

hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X