Centralised Planning in OTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centralised Planning in OTM

We have a parent domain under which a child domain for each warehouse. In case we are planning the orders from Parent domain, we are able to see the order of all chil domains. In case shipment gets planned as a multi-stop shipment where the two orders are from two different child domains, where the shipment get created in case we enablethe below properties?

glog.process.execAsEnabled.agent
    glog.process.execAsEnabled.manualAgentTrigger
    glog.process.execAsEnabled.notify
    glog.process.execAsEnabled.planning
    Cheers,
    Murthy

Re: Centralised Planning in OTM

Hi,

The shipment will be created in the same domain you execute planning.

Where do you want the shipment created? Ideally, all shipments will sit in a single domain, regardless of where the orders sit. As long as the shipment domain has visibility of the orders, this should work.

What is your domain structure at the moment? Where is planning being executed from?

Cheers,
    James Foran
    Toll Global Information Services
    http://www.tollgroup.com

Comment

Hi James,

By using the list properties mentioned in my previous message, shipment can either be created in domain where planning is carried on / in the domain in which order is presented.

My question is in case of a multi-shop (where the first order is from A-B and the second from A-C. Assume that locations B & C are in different domains), tthe shipment will be getting created as A-B-C and we setup the parameters in such a way that shipments gets created in the domain where the order is presented. In this case is the shipment is going to create in the Domain where location B is presented / in the domain where the location C is presented.

Thanks & Regards,
      Lakshman
      Cheers,
      Murthy

Comment

In case we have a multi domain structure for global company:

ABC Corp at level 1
        APAC, EMEA and USA at level 2
        and under each continent a domain for each warehouse, at level 3

In such case if the orders are created at warehouse level, which is the best way to plan? i.e. at enterprice level (i.e. level 1) / continent level (level 2) / warehouse (i.e. level 3)
        Cheers,
        Murthy

Comment

Hi Lakshmana,

Planning at higher ambit will always give better results as there are more opportunities for consolidation. But it also depends on your business requirement. If you have warehouse sepecific constraints or the Orders involved in each warehouse are for extreme location then it wont make sense to look for all warehouse orders while planning.

I suggest please review the past traffic and accordingly make decision.

Regards
          Arpit Tiwari

Comment

In case there are multi-leg moves, will the centralised planning gives better results?
            Cheers,
            Murthy

Comment

Hi Lakshmana,

I feel yes it will help in getting consolidation opportunities for legs but you have to test it out.

As per my knowledge while planning multi-leg shipment OTM divide order release in order movements based on itenarary so it should look other orders for consolidation opportunities.

Regards
              Arpit

Comment

Working...
              X