Maximum Number of Itineraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Number of Itineraries

Is there a maximum range of number of itineraries that can be supported and what are the implications to the planning process of supporting a relatively high number of itineraries?

I'm sure this is a question dependant on other variables but I'm just looking for a general answer (more specific however than, it's best to limit the number of itineraries) but quantified (so generally quantified) .

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Brendan

Re: Maximum Number of Itineraries

Hie,

There is no limit on maximum no. of itineraries you can configure in OTM.

As a thumb-rule, try to minimize/optimize number of itineraries to improve bulk plan performance (in terms of planning time)

Regards
    Nipun
    Nipun Lakhotia
    Manager, EY

Comment

Another tip is to create iti's not too generic (e.g. region to region to region to country), as OTM will iterate through all combinations; the max combination OTM evaluates is controlled by a planning para.

When setting up itineraries keep in mind that it's a "one time effort" to create them, but during planning OTM will always check all geo-applicable combo's. As an example:
      your iti goes from Region1 to Region2 to Region3 to Region4, and all regions have 10 locations in, the number of applicable combinations created by OTM whilest planning is 10*10*10*10....and for all legs on all iti's it will try to optimize SP, time, EQ etc etc.

Rgds
      Oliver

Comment

Oliver and Nipun, thank you both for your assistance. I will take into consideration what you've both said, thanks!

-Brendan

Comment

Working...
        X