Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying Refnums - Merge Shipment

Hi All,

I want to know how to copy the refnum of shipment 1 into shipment 2 , if I merge shipment 1 and shipment 2 using force merge or optimize

Say i merge shipment 1 with shipment 2 , Shipment 2 only has its existing refnum's, but i required the refnums of shipment 1 also..

Re: Copying Refnums - Merge Shipment

Create an Agent, that Fires on "MERGE - SHIP" and perform Copy Refnum/Remark from/to Shipment and select Respective Qualifier.

or you can even write your custom SQL's to perform checks and validations.

Tip: Enable Diagnostics(I Button), and perform what ever the action you need to perform and click view Diagnostics to the see what action you would need to use in the Agent.
    Thanks,
    Vinoth Gopalakrishnan
    http://www.vinoth.co/
    Reach out for OTM/GTM - Transportation/Logistics and Blockchain Consultations/Strategy

Comment

Hi, I am trying to perform the same.
      Could you please help me in detail about what code should be in the Action with the Merge- Ship as the agent event in my Automation Agent?

Thanks in advance.

Sundaram

Comment

Completed this task by using the $shipment_gid Agent Variable.

Thanks,
        Sheetal

Comment

Hi Sheetal,

Can you please elaborate your solution. How did u achieve this.

Thank you.
          Have a great day.
          Jasmine

Comment

Hi Jasmine,

I created an Automation Agent with the Shipment- Merge Ship Event. In the Actions Tab used the 'Direct SQL Update' to call a custom procedure to insert data into my custom Audit Table.

The custom procedure has the agent variable $SHIPMENT_GID as a parameter, from which I fetched the Refnums from SHIPMENT_REFNUM table.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks,
            Sheetal

Comment

Working...
            X