Round Trip configuration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Trip configuration

We got requirement to create round trip configuration.

Scenario : Round trip of 3 legs
    • Location -> Supplier (A)
    • Supplier(A) -> Plant
    • Plant -> Supplier (A)

Order Base is from Location to Supplier (A)
    Order release is from Location to Supplier (A)

Now expectation is to have single shipment with 3 stops.

Stop1: Location -> Supplier (A)
    Stop2: Supplier (A) -> Plant
    Stop3: Plant -> Supplier(A)

I have tried to create a itinerary with 3 legs but that is resulting 3 shipments instead of single shipment with 3 stops.

Can any one share inputs on this scenario ?

Couple of questions/remarks:
    - This is not a round trip, because it starts at Location and ends at Supplier (A). If you'd have a trip Location > Supplier (A) > Location, you could create a depot shipment that returns back empty.
    - Itinerary legs will indeed create a single shipment per leg, that is how OTM works. If you want a single multi-stop shipment, you need to use a single-leg itinerary.
    - What is being shipped from Supplier (A) to Plant and from Plant to Supplier (A)? OTM doesn't plan shipments without ship units.
    - Have you looked into Ground Schedules?

Comment

As per Lourens, Try creating Multistop which is you might need. Location --> Supplier A --> Plant - This can be multistop with depot location as Supplier A to go back from Plant.

Note: Your solution should depend on if Stop 3 is loaded or empty into Supplier A.
      Thanks,
      Vinoth Gopalakrishnan
      http://www.vinoth.co/
      Reach out for OTM/GTM - Transportation/Logistics and Blockchain Consultations/Strategy

Comment

Thank you LourensGlog and rgvinoth. I have configured depot profile for Supplier A --> Plant --> Supplier and I got multistop shipment with 3 stops.

Depot Profile:

Lane: Supplier to Plant, source location: Supplier and destination location: Supplier
        Lane: Plant to Supplier, source location: Supplier and destination location: Supplier

Now I am looking for configuration from Location -->Supplier A --> Plant --> Supplier

Can you please advise ?

Comment

Working...
        X