• Show
Clear All

• Rate record - Multi Cost Rule - Shipment

Hi Everyone,

I have created rate record with two multi-cost (Minimum) rule as below:

1 . CHARGE 40.0000 AUD PER 1 MTON OF Shipment Total Weight
    2. Shipment Total Number of Ship Units > 1
    CHARGE 40.0000 AUD PER 1 Shipment Total Number of Ship Units

I want OTM to pick up Weight as the basis for rate calculation when shipment is created. Later when I perform an action of Recalculate shipment cost, I want to rerate the shipment based on the ship units and not the weight i.e, i want to restrict cost rule No.1 some how.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your time

Surender

Re: Rate record - Multi Cost Rule - Shipment

Any thoughts on below requirement?

Regards,
    Surender

Comment

Hi Surender,

I can suggest one work around. I have not tested this but you can try this...

Rate Record
      1 . If shipment refnum not equal to ABC, then CHARGE 40.0000 AUD PER 1 MTON OF Shipment Total Weight
      2. Shipment Total Number of Ship Units > 1 or shipment refnum equal to ABC
      CHARGE 40.0000 AUD PER 1 Shipment Total Number of Ship Units

Create an agent on "SHIPMENT RECALC COST" event
      Agent actions:
      • sql update ( insert some refnum -ABC in to the shipment )
      • RECALC COST

This agent will insert this refnum (ABC) into the shipment when recalc action is initiated. The other action i.e. RECALC COST ensures that shipment is recalculated again based on inserted refnum.

I hope this works.
      Nipun Lakhotia
      Manager, EY

Comment

Hi Nipun,

This i have already tried this work around and its not working out. Recalc shipment will not delete the previous base cost. It simply adds the new base cost to the previous one...

Comment

Hi Sophia,

As per my understanding, "recalc shipment cost" re-rates the shipment again. It does not add new cost to previous cost.

Please recheck your rate record. You might have selected "ADD" as multi-cost rule instead of Minimum option.
          Nipun Lakhotia
          Manager, EY

Comment

Hi Nipun

Its nothing to do with the Add or Minimum option since what surendar wants is not to select the Minimum of two. He wants to restrict the first one for building shipment.

But the same work around is working fine even with Add option. My problem has got resolved with the agent. Since i was trying manually i had a hickup in adding the refnum...

Surendar : The work around is working fine....

Comment

Hi Nipun / Sophia ,Thanks for quick reply.

I've tried the solution mentioned by you but it's not working.If am creating rate record with two cost rule say:
              1. Shipment Refnum Qualifier != (Not Equal) DOMAIN.ABC
              CHARGE 30.0000 AUD PER 1 Shipment Refnum Value as a Number
              2. Shipment Refnum Qualifier = (Equal) DOMAIN.ABC
              CHARGE 40.0000 AUD PER 1 Shipment Refnum Value as a Number

In above the case ,the rate enquiry engines fails to return any result when shipment is created because OTM look for shipment whose refnum = or != to ABC.In essence the above conditions are valid if the shipment is exist.

It'll be great if you provide any other alternative.

Regards,

Surender

Comment

Hi surendar,

Its not shipment refnum, Try with Order release refnum qualifier.

1. Order release Refnum Qualifier != (Not Equal) AO (example for a refnum)
                CHARGE 30.0000 AUD PER 1 Shipment Refnum Value as a Number
                This condition will lead OTM to build shipment with 30 AUD per shipment.

2. Order release Refnum Qualifier = (Equal) AO (example for the refnum)
                This condition will lead OTM to rerate with this rate when the agent action recalculate shipment cost takes place

Note: Write an agent which will insert Refum AO in the related order release when shipment is built. Then rerate the shipment again.
                Agent type should be shipment. Condition is shipment created and action can be a direct sql update or generate refnum(which ever you are comfortable with, but direct sql update will be a better option i feel.). Second action is Recalculate shipment cost.

Hope its clear now...
                Last edited by Sophia; May 25, 2009, 14:54.

Comment

Hi Sophia,

The Solution provided by you still not working.

Steps:
                  1. Created rate record with two cost rule:
                  a. 1. Order release Refnum Qualifier != (Not Equal) AO
                  CHARGE 30.0000 AUD PER 1 MTON OF Shipment Total Weight
                  b.Order release Refnum Qualifier = (Equal) AO
                  2. Order release is created with gross weight = 9172 KG and without refnum AO
                  3. Shipment is created with gross weight =9172 KG and refnum AO is inserted to all relevant order releases and shipment refnum value is derived say =10.
                  Gross weight Shipment Refnum value Planned Cost ACtual Cost
                  9172.50 KG 10 366.90 300

Shipment refnum value is changed to 6 and recalculate shipment cost.Result (Results are as per expectation : 6*30 =180)

9172.50 KG 6 366.90 180

Shipment refnum value is changed to 15 and recalculate shipment cost.Result are not as per expectation : 15*30 = 450)

9172.50 KG 15 366.90 366.90

When we are recalculating shipment cost ,OTM is not looking for order release reference numbers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Surender

Comment

Hi Surendar,

If you are using Shipment refnum value as number in rate cost to rerate, then you should mention the Shipment refnum qual as a condition in the basis along with Order release Refnum qual = AO.

Which means
                    You are checking two condiitions 1) Order release Refnum qual = AO AND
                    2) Shipment refnum qual = 'YOUR REFNUM QUAL'

Because OTM needs which shipment refnum qual value should be taken as number.

For better understanding check the screen shot attached...

Try and revert back...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

It's still not working.please see the attachment for ur reference

Thanks,

Surender
                      Attached Files

Comment

From the attachment I understand that, Initially shipment is built with 400 AUD, Then while rerating shipment cost has changed to 300 AUD, Then Refnum qual changed to 6 and cost changed to 180 AUD. But when Refnum qual changed to 15 Cost changed to 366.9 AUD. Am i correct?

Comment

So, All other things like restricting the weight basis rate are working.. Only rerating has problem? Correct me if i am wrong..
                          Last edited by Sophia; May 26, 2009, 14:47.

Comment

Surender

I have tested a similar kind of setup in my instance. Its working fine for any number of rerating. Kindly check once again.. Some value you might have changed before rerating.. Just check once again...

Comment

Sophia,

You are correct.I have problem only for weight based rates are not restricting when shipment is re-rating when the shipment refnum value changed to 15.I want OTM to pick rates for shipment refnum not for the weights.It's currently picking rates based on weight when shipment refnum value is changed to 15.

Thanks,
                              Surender

Comment

Working...
                              X