Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percentage Insurance fee

Hi, everyone:
    i meet a problem on how to set up a percentage Insurance fee.
    for example:
    LSP charge shipper additional Insurance Fee 2% of cargo value. I want to use accessorial code and cost to meet requirements.
    i select "shipment totalc declared value" and apply discount of 98%, but it doesn't work.
    Please give me suggestion if you know this area or some similar case.

Re: Percentage Insurance fee

Hi,
    • Create an accessorial cost with the basis - Order Total Commercial Invoice value (This will be the value of ypur cargo)
    • Here you can mention the percentage you want to charge on the total commercial invoice value.
    • In your order release create a commercial invoice
    • Now if you plan your shipments, you can have the extra 2% added along with your shipment cost
    Note: You need to enter the commercial invoice value in your rate record as well as your order. OTM picks only the commercial invoice value mentioned in the rate record.

Please let me know if this meets your requirement.

Regards
    Rajiv
    Last edited by Sachin; June 13, 2009, 07:27. Reason: Correction

Comment

Hi, Sachin:
      It works. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi seaspoondrift,

One more thing which i missed earlier:
        • Leave the charge amount field as blank in your accessorial cost,just mentioning the percentage.
        • This will enable OTM to take the commercial invoice value from order release.
        - Rajiv

Comment

Yes. i have done that and get the results what i want. Thanks!

Comment

I have carried the below simple set up but when I build the shipment, the accessorial cost is not being picked up. Attaching the document with set up. please let me know if the set up is incorrect. however my other accesorial cost(independent of commercial invoice value) is calculated.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nikesh,

If you want to apply % insurance fee, try rate factor rule.

Create a rate factor with desired % along with effective&expire dates. Create a rate factor rule where we can link rate factor with accessorial code and accessorial cost. Also make sure to check the 'use default' in accessorial cost.Hope this will work.

Thx&rgds
              Ami

Comment

Ami,

thanks for solution but did not work as mine is based no the CI value. also I had done the set ups as proposed below and not sure why that one did not work

Comment

Hi Nikesh,

Have u create 'ACCESSORIAL DEFAULT' where we can link acc cost and code since we defined 'use default' in cost level.

Thx&rgds
                  Ami

Comment

Working...
                  X