Apply Fuel Surcharge Based on Pick-up Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply Fuel Surcharge Based on Pick-up Date

We currently update our Fuel Surcharge rates at the start of the month lasting until the start of the next month with new FSC rates. From the way I understand it, OTM will use the current date to apply the required FSC to a shipment. However, here we like to apply the FSC based on the actual pick up date of the shipment.

As we approach the end of each month, a shipment could actually be picked up at the end of one month but the delivery is completed in the next month. Therefore, the FSC applied by OTM falls in the later month which does not match the way we invoice our customers and are invoiced by our carriers.

Is there a way to have OTM set the FSC on a shipment based on the Pickup Date?

Thanks.

Re: Apply Fuel Surcharge Based on Pick-up Date

As far as I know rates are based on the shipment start date. So, if you create a shipment on 6/30 and the shipment start date is 7/1, OTM will apply the July FSC accessorial. If your tests tell you otherwise, let us know.

Comment

It has been a while since I last updated this one but I finally see what may be the cause.

If the FSC gets applied as per the Shipment Start Date, then I believe this could be the culprit.

We have an Order Release with Pickup date as Nov 3rd but the related Buy Shipment has a Start Time of Oct 30 (the day the shipment was created).

If someone can confirm that OTM sets the FSC rate as per the Shipment Start Date then I can fix this internally. Otherwise, if OTM uses the Order Release pickup date, then there is an OTM issue.

Thanks

Comment

It is definitely looking at the Shipment Start Date. The issue on our side is that the Orders are automatically set up with a Time Emphasis as NONE which is allowing the Bulk Plan to create a shipment with no constraints on date and times. This is why the Shipment Start date is always the same as the day the shipment is created.

Comment

Hi,

I am facing the exact same issue, can you eloborate on how did you recalculate the shipment cost based on the pick up date and not the shipment start date?

Did you copy the pick up date as the shipment start date on the shipment and then recalculated the shipment cost? This would not work in my case since i have Rail-Rule 11 Shipments which have the second leg starting on a different ship start date.

The requirement is to re-calculate the shipment costs on both the Rule 11 shipments based on the Pickup date of the first shipment.

Any options to the above situation would help.

Thanks,
          Ranga

Comment

Try this for rule-11 shipments - using agents

Copy pickup date to leg1's start date and perform 'assign rate'
            Copy leg2's start date in some temp variable (using assign variable action), copy pickup date to leg2's start date and 'assign rate', copy temp variable value back to leg2 start date

Regards

Nipun
            Nipun Lakhotia
            Manager, EY

Comment

Folks,

We are facing the same situation.

How do we simulate this for TL, LTL ? We have Shipment start date but the Shipment might be picked up the next week. In this case, next week's FSC has to be applied.

Any pointers would be really appreciated.

Regards
              J

Comment

Hi Jay,

In order to apply the latest Fuel you have to create or update an Agent that gets triggered and RECALCULATE shipment (Agent Action) when a PGI takes place in case of Outbound Shipments and in case of Inbound upon creating Accurals.

Regards,
                Ranga

Comment

Hi Ranga,

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you give me some details ? I am more a technical person. What event does accruals raise ?

Thanks again
                  J

Comment

hi
                    We have tested, rates are based on the shipment start date.

My case is a 1 leg itinerary/ Shipment, there is no Leg ID in my Shipment.

We used Agent to do update of Start Date = Pickup date.
                    And do Agent Action = Re-rate

If we do rerate first then do a update of dates, the dates will remain unchanged
                    But if we do update of dates, and re-rate using agent action, the start date get updated back to 'old' values. That we do not want OTM to change this start date back to 'old' values, we want it to show 'Pickup date'.

In OTM online help, /GC3/html/help/webhelp/en/planning/shipment_manager/multi_create_shipments/multi_create_shipmnt.htm
                    Mark the Service Time Fixed check box to indicate that the Service Time for this shipment is fixed. Marking the Service Time as fixed prevents recalculation of the service time.
                    Calculate Totals suppresses the calculation of the following fields:
                    Start time
                    Total Actual Cost

based on above advise on OTM online help, I turn off 'Calculate Totals' and Mark the 'Service Time Fixed' check box but the total cost not calcuate too.

Please advise what can I do to overcome this problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X