Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate Setup Question - similar costs for 'return lanes'

Hi,

I have a requirement to set up reciprocal rates to handle 'returns' during a 'non-conformant' delivery. For example, when a carrier quotes a rate from Region A --> Region B at $100.00 per truckload, a reciprocal truckload rate of $100 from Region B --> Region A also applies.

Is there a simple way to set this up other than having to create a separate rate record to model the lane from Region B --> Region A?

Many thanks.

Cheers,
    Simon.

Re: Rate Setup Question - similar costs for 'return lanes'

Hi Simon

Group all the location in these two regions into a single one and then create a rate record for Region To Region. So same $100 will be applied for your return trip...

Rgds
    sophia

Comment

I was going to say no, there isn't an easy option.
      However, Sophia described a way to handle this. Truth be told, this solution actually says that any move within Regions A and B will cost $100, also moves from Region A to Region A, and I assume intra region rates will be cheaper.

Comment

Dear Sophia and Lourens,

Many thanks for your responses. Unfortunately I don't think I can take a 'Union' of all locations from Region A and Region B and group them into one region because the Region definitions are shared across different carriers and the regions have specific boundaries.

Looks like I'll have to make a copy of the Rate record and reverse the lane.

Cheers,
        Simon.

Comment

Hi Bluesdude,

This can be achieved using a country to country rate record. Pls create the rate record with following steps

Create a Location Profile (LP-A)with loacations inside region A. Similarly create another location profile(LP-B) with locations inside region B.

Now create a rate record with country to country. Create two rate costs.
          a) The first being with the first basis Source location ID, Operator as IN, Value as LP-A, Select second basis line Destination location ID, Operator as IN, Value as LP-B. For OTM to use the second basis use the condition SELECTED (It is find in drop down where you find AND, OR). Cost = 100$

b) Create second rate cost with first basis Source location ID IN LP-B, SELECTED
          second basis as Destination Location ID IN LP-A. Cost = 100$

This will suffice your requirement.

Comment

Hi Bluesdude,

Pls find attached the rate record creation for your ref...

Hope this will help better understanding.

Rgds
            Uppili
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X