Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate Basis "OR Refnum Qual & Value" does not work with Rate Charge "Stop Volume"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate Basis "OR Refnum Qual & Value" does not work with Rate Charge "Stop Volume"

My Rate is not working as expected, planning is fine, but the rate calculation is
    not correct. Below details my configuration and what is expected:

My required rate is based on "per client, per stop" and it can be based on weight or volume
    or ship units. I have used ORRefnum to store the client name. Example:

Order 1: ORrefnum Value= IBM; Volume = 2 CBM; going from Location A to B; Charge is 2
    USD/CBM
    Order 2: ORRefnum Value = HP; Volume = 4 CBM; going from Location A to B; Charge is 5 USD/CBM

The 2 orders belongs to different clients, IBM and HP, but they can be consolidated into one shipment. Thus the end results should
    be:

(2 x 2) + (4 x 5) = 24 USD. However what I am getting in OTM is:

(6 x 2) + (6 x 5) = 42 USD

My Rate Records Configuration

Basis:
    a) Stop Activity = D
    b) ORRefnum Qual = Rating Group
    c) ORRefnum Value = IBM

Charge 2 USD /CBM based on Stop Volume

Basis:
    a) Stop Activity = D
    c) ORRefnum Value = HP

Charge 5 USD /CBM based on Stop Volume

a) Stop Activity = P
    c) ORRefnum Value = IBM

Charge 0 USD /CBM based on Stop Volume

Basis:
    a) Stop Activity = P
    c) ORRefnum Value = HP

Charge 0 USD /CBM based on Stop Volume

When calculating the rates, OTM is using the total stop volume instead of just the total stop volume of those orders with matching ORRefnum. This
    seems like a bug to me. Appreciate your help on this setup or alternative setup that can achieve the end result.

Re: Rate Basis "OR Refnum Qual & Value" does not work with Rate Charge "Stop Volume"

Hi yeowleng,

OTM can build shipment picking one Rate record however checking condition...In this case the shipment is build using IBM rate record which is lesser rate comparitively..

Kindly explain how do you get USD 42.. is it in a single shipment?
    Thanks,
    Vidya

Comment

Re: Rate Basis "OR Refnum Qual & Value" does not work with Rate Charge "Stop Volume"

Hi,

Whatever I have stated, meaning the rate cost lines, are in one rate record, and the 2 orders are planned into one shipment.

Comment

Hi,

Its working fine.. instead of giving stop volume try giving " Order Selected Volume".
        Thanks,
        Vidya

Comment

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but i can't use any rate charge basis related to order as I would like to use the total volume per shipment to find a relevant volume break.

E.g if I have 2 orders, with volume 0.6 and 0.6 CBM per order respectively, and my volume break is $10 per CBM from 0-1 and $5 per CBM from 1-2, I would like to have the final calculation as 1.2 x 5, instead of 0.6 x 10 + 0.6 x 10.

Thus Order Select Volume doesn't work.

Comment

Hi Yeowleng

Pls look into this thread which deals with a similar kind of issue.

Minimum Costs per Stop - Oracle OTM / G-Log GC3 Community Support

Comment

Hi Sophia,

Thanks but this thread helps to resolve the issue of having a min charge per stop, but not my issue.

Comment

Hi Yeowleng,

Try using Rate unit break profile by Giving UOM as Volume.
                Thanks,
                Vidya

Comment

Hi yeowleng,

Look into the thread again they also had faced the similar problem of stop weight not being retrieved properly. The same get solved when they tried using stop weight in basis. You can also use the same technique of having one more basis stop weight . Try the following

Add into your basis Stop weight > 0 as a condition. Now try planning your shipment. It will work properly.

Rgds
                  Sophia

Comment

Hi Sophia,

I have tried your suggestion, but still doesn't work as expected.

I still don't quite get it how the scenario in the thread is similar to mine. My core issue is the volume is not retrieved according to the OR Refnum Value, yes OR Refnum Value is the key here.

Let me provide a simple example:

Order 1: ORRefnum Value = ABC, total volume = 2 CBM
                    Order 2: ORRefnum Value = XYZ, total volume = 4 CBM

These 2 orders will be planned into one shipment. Thus total vol of shipment = 6 CBM. Rate is based on volume and if OR Refnum = ABC, it will be charged at $2 per CBM, and if OR Refnum = XYZ, it will be $5 per CBM

Desired Cost Calculation: (2 x 2) + (4 x 5) = 24
                    OTM Calculation: (5 x 2) + (5 x 5) = 35

Am i missing something in your suggested solution to my issue? Appreciate your kind advice. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hi Yeowleng,

As i suggested above Set rate unit break profile for your Stop volume it works fine...
                      Thanks,
                      Vidya

Comment

Hi vidya,

Actually, my requirement needs the rate unit break profile, I am just trying to simplify the scenario in the above description.

By using rate unit break profile, which rate break comparator do you use? I can't find a rate break comparator that allows separation of volume according to OR Refnum Value. Those related to Ship Unit uses the Ship Unit Volume, and those related to Stop or Shipment uses the total volume, there isn't one that uses the total volume that correspond to the ORRefnum Value.

Or have you seen one that works for you?

Comment

Hi yeowleng,

I have tried using Stop volume as the rate break comparator..my undersatnading is you need to bill based on the stop volume right?
                          Thanks,
                          Vidya

Comment

Working...
                          X