PPD versus Collect Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPD versus Collect Rates

I have a situation at my current client where I need to have separate PPD and Collect rates, sometimes for the same carrier. And I'd like to utilize a rate of $0.00 or $0.01 with a basis of 'shipment'.

Do I need to create separate rate offerings for PPD and Collect rates? And correspondingly, separate rate records for PPD and Collect? And taking this one step further, would I also need "Collect" modes in addition to the regular modes?

I simply don't see a flag anywhere on service provider ID, rate offering or rate record where I can designate a rate to be applied based on PPD or Collect freight terms.

Re: PPD versus Collect Rates

And I have noticed the Payment Method Code ID field on the rate record, but this appears to be more of an informational field to pass on to invoices and bills, not a lookup to determine if a PPD or Collect rate applies.

OTM Help says:

"Payment Method Code ID identifies the conditions for payment. This code can be used to populate the payment method code on shipment cost records that are created using this rate record."

Comment

hi

I have similar scenario. Whenever the order is created with the payment method code it will be constrained with one service provider.There is seperate rate offerring and rate record ( of zero cost based on the base condition that the order payment method code=COL). Whenever this rate offerring is activated i find strange thing of either the order fails or orders are built into lot of shipments instead of a multistop shipment. How to restrict it?

Any idea?
      Regards
      Latha

Comment

You could configure Payment Method code = "PPD" in Rate Record level to apply specific rate. Meaning If Payment method code of the order release - PPD then apply that specific rate, if not exit.
        Thanks,
        Vinoth Gopalakrishnan
        http://www.vinoth.co/
        Reach out for OTM/GTM - Transportation/Logistics and Blockchain Consultations/Strategy

Comment

Hi govinth

Yes i have tried using the base condition in Rate record as Order Payment method code ='COL' the cost is zero. So whenever the order release is created with a payment code COL then the shipment will be built on zero cost. When the Order release payment method code is PPD then the normal rate configured should be applied. I am not sure whether this Order payment method refers to Order base so i tried using order release refnum = COL then the rate should be applied.

In both the there is no issue with the order release created with the refnum COL ,but it is affecting the orders. When this rate is active the Multistop shipment which was built is not working correctly and OTM is building six shipments instead of single shipment. When the rate is inactive it is working correctly....

it is weird ........

Regards
          Latha

Comment

Hi Latha,

we were also facing the same issue in out project and we resolve it by creating Special service at rate offering level and special Serivce at Order Release. You can write auto assignment rule to look for payment method code and assign it to order release when they get created.

Let me know if it works.

Regards
            Manoj Bhalerao

Comment

Hi Manoj

Thanks a lot it is working fine now....

Regards
              Latha

Comment

Working...
              X