MileMaker vs PCMiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MileMaker vs PCMiler

Hi everyone! We are in the process of implementing OTM and I would like to know which rating and routing software is more accurate between Milemaker and PCMiler? Your input is highly appreciated.
    Last edited by [email protected]; October 15, 2009, 23:47.

Re: MileMaker vs PCMiler

You'd best ask them directly - these products tend to develop very quickly and continuously look into each others kitchen.

More important is to talk with your carriers: if your rates are mileage based, they may only accept mileage calculation of one specific product, which may not necessarily be the most accurate one, but the most accepted one.

Comment

I have experience with both. Milemaker can run on Linux which is good since these applications can usually be paired on a server running Oracle reports or even on the app server as they have little overhead. It is a waste to buy a Windows server just for this if you are running a Linux environment for OTM. The one thing that PC Miler has that I believe Milemaker does not is a worldwide version but I don't know how accurate it is.

PC Miler tends to also crash more frequently if there are zip codes that are either not in their database or are invalid. I'm surprised that organizations continue to purchase this product when the application crashes with invalid data.
      If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
      15 years of OTM experience

Comment

To my knowledge, PC Miler has a web service and Milemaker doesn't. I agree with the earlier commenter that it depends on what you negotiate with your carrier. I heard that Milemaker tends to come up with lower miles than PC Miler. If that's true, you are better off negotiating use of Milemaker with your carriers. If you have a lot of shipments, small differences could add up.

Comment

Working...
        X